• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

05-2010 brakes on a 68?

Is it possible to use 05-2010 mustang brakes on a 1968 mustang? Trying to figure out how to get great brakes for a tight budget.

Starfury

I'm sure it's possible, but there are already kits for sn95 model brakes out there (MustangSteve). I'd wager that the CSRP kit will be more cost-effective at the end of the day, though. The kit comes with just about everything you need, shy of brake hard lines.

SELLERSRODSHOP

i got lucky & picked up the complete kit when he was listing some on ebay for $375 if i remember correctly. it is a well designed , heavy duty kit.

Jonk67

I've got the Cobra FT front kit never installed that I'll be selling soon, decided to stay with 15" wheels, you have to use at least 17" wheels with the brackets.
Jon

dm289

"Starfury" said:
I'd wager that the CSRP kit will be more cost-effective at the end of the day, though. The kit comes with just about everything you need, shy of brake hard lines.

Do you have any info on that kit?? I've seen it posted about on another site but there is no mention of it on the CSRP website...

What is the difference in stopping power between the k/h brakes, 68+ single piston brakes, and then the 05 and up mustang/cobra brakes?