• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

10 point buck I got this season

d_ford

I didn't want to muck up sgtjunior's whitetail thread in the grumpy old farts section so I'll put it here. Here are a few pics of the big 10 point I got this year. It was on my property on the first day of gun season.

2010deer1577.jpg

2010deer1569.jpg

2010deer1585.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Nice size buck! Do you process your own?

I processed the 8 pointer my son got. Took all day but it was worth it. At least I know I got all my own meat.

"70 StangMan" said:
That one is just a little bigger than the ones in Florida. :thu

A Great Dane is just a little bigger than the deer in FL!

Thanks everyone. There are some bigger ones here but I'm very happy with him. Here is a trail cam pic of the monster I was after last year but my neighbor ended up getting him. This pic is at the woods line at the edge of my yard.

2009deer2325.jpg

I used to process my own but a guy just down the road does it for me now. I've watched their operation and they use an assembly line technique one deer at a time so everyone gets the meat from the deer they brought in.

Last edited by a moderator:
"silverblueBP" said:
A Great Dane is just a little bigger than the deer in FL!

Great Dane's taste better too....hehehehehe

Just a joke, Dog is tasty, but Venison is better.

Mel

"blue65coupe" said:
Holy begeejers dude! He's a freakin' monster!!! What kind of block is that he's going after?

That's a salt/mineral block they sell here at the local feed store. The genetics here are incredible. I've seen monster bucks here every year.

You need to move one of those boys to our area. We don't have that kind of gene pool around this area. It looks like you took a high shoulder shot and John's son's appeared to be a neck shot. (Maybe shoulder/neck due to an angle) Do you ever take a behind the shoulder shot? I've always placed directly behind the shoulder and it drops 'em in their tracks. Of course with those monsters I'd probably go for a through and through on the shoulders to make sure it was down....after I finished peeing my pants. What did yours weigh out at? He looks pretty thick.

"blue65coupe" said:
You need to move one of those boys to our area. We don't have that kind of gene pool around this area. It looks like you took a high shoulder shot and John's son's appeared to be a neck shot. (Maybe shoulder/neck due to an angle) Do you ever take a behind the shoulder shot? I've always placed directly behind the shoulder and it drops 'em in their tracks. Of course with those monsters I'd probably go for a through and through on the shoulders to make sure it was down....after I finished peeing my pants. What did yours weigh out at? He looks pretty thick.

Actually it was a behind the shoulder hit. You can see the slug hole in the last pic. It took out his lungs and he only made it two steps before he piled up. I think the genetics here are from: the next farm bordering my place on one side was an apple orchard for many years, and the property bordering mine on the back and part of the other side is power company land that was off limits to hunting until about 3 or 4 years ago. They had plenty to eat and hundreds of acres of land to live on without being hunted. I only have 60 acres of my own but it's enough to support big bucks along with all the surrounding land.
I didn't have this one weighed but I wish I had. He was really big bodied. Thankfully I was able to get close to him with a 4 wheeler and trailer.

Back