• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

100 or 200 AMP Electrical Service

65fast

I'm running electric to a seasonal residence (800sq ft) that will see minimal use and minimal electrical appliances. There are currently only lights that are wired to the breaker panel. In the future I only see upgrades to possibly an electric stove, electric well pump, and maybe a refrigerator.

Would 100Amp service suffice?

Also, any ideas what a ballpark price would be to install a meter socket and install a weather head for the service drop?

Thanks!

My seasonal home is 100 amp. Has some electric baseboard and water heater, refrigerator. Never a problem. Don't know the cost of install, but would like to know myself as I plan on making changes this year.

put in 200. you'll never know if you'll want to be welding in a roll bar in your Mustang while on vacation!

Thanks,

C5, Why are you upgrading? Did you do the initial install or did you purchase your seasonal res. that way?

I bought it that way. My kitchen part of the camp is 80 years old and needs major work. The rest of the camp is much newer. I want to tear down that part and rebuild on a foundation and the service entrance is in that part of the house. I hadn't planned on upgrading the panel.

Back