• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

100kmi in the Fucos

• Thread starter opentrackerSteve
  • Start date
O

opentrackerSteve

Rolled over 100,000 miles this past Saturday in the my 2007 Fucos. Not one problem with the car. I had looked into changing the timing belt, but learned that in 2005 they changed to a timing chain and I don't need to change it. Not bad for 4-1/2 years. Yippee!

Both our 04 and 07 rolled 100K long ago. No problems here either! I have the new timing belt for the 04, but haven't found time to change it.

When you're ready on the 04, I've still got the tool to hold the cam sprockets in line while you remove the belt. Just holler.

It's not a bad job - a lazy Saturday morning. Oh, and change the waterpump while you're there... :thu

"BobV" said:
When you're ready on the 04, I've still got the tool to hold the cam sprockets in line while you remove the belt. Just holler.

It's not a bad job - a lazy Saturday morning. Oh, and change the waterpump while you're there... :thu

10-fo

"BobV" said:
It's not a bad job - a lazy Saturday morning. Oh, and change the water pump while you're there... :thu
Obviously you have forgotten who you are talking to.

I put 105k on my 2000 Foci without really any issues. It had the old Spi motor, 37mpg average. I did oil changes, tires, brakes and a rear wheel bearing. That was it in 10 years. Awesome little car. Sold it a few years ago. 8-(

Only 100,000. It's barely broken in yet. When I sold my Volvo it had 176,000 and still ran perfect.

It's kind of funny how years ago a car with that many miles was considered almost at the end of its lifespan.

When I was young.......yes, I know......cars were considered worn out if close to 70,000 miles.....time for a rebuild. That was a hard thought to change.

"AzPete" said:
When I was young.......yes, I know......cars were considered worn out if close to 70,000 miles.....time for a rebuild. That was a hard thought to change.

In OZ, the 100,000 mile was the magic mark for buying a used car.
When we went metric the smart alec Car industry seems to have convinced everyone the magic number is now 100,000 kilometres, which is only 63,000 miles.
Roll over the 100k and your trade in value drops by half.

I'm at 203k in my 01 focus. I recently redid the entire front end and it needs new rear control arms but still runs like a champ. Biggest thing I had to do was replace the clutch after teaching the gf how to drive stick.

nice to hear you're getting 200k+ in it. I need to pull another 5 years out of this one, at 23kmi per year, will put me at about 220kmi when I reach escape velocity (elligble to retire). I will then make it our tow vehicle behind the motor home.

I don't see any issue with getting that amount of miles on it, as almost all of the miles I rack up will be highway miles....

I've got 114000 on my o6. A little disappointed thet the motor mounts has to be replaced. Other then that and an alternator no problems.

My son bought a 2000 Mitsubishi 300GT with 140k on the clock.
I warned him...but its still going with 287k on it now.

Some engines were just designed and built right.

"silverblueBP" said:
Both our 04 and 07 rolled 100K long ago. No problems here either! I have the new timing belt for the 04, but haven't found time to change it.

Should we get a pool going for how long it will be until a major failure after Mark works on the '04?

We know his history with motor work :confu

"RustyRed" said:
Should we get a pool going for how long it will be until a major failure after Mark works on the '04
If he takes the advice given and tries to change out the water pump as well, I will go with immediately.

I'm still racking up miles on my 93 Ranger 4x4 with 3.0L and 5 speed. Just hit 240,000 miles. Motor has never been touched except when I had to pull it out to replace the oil pan that rusted though last year. Just started getting rust on the body this year. To my knowledge, it was never kept in a garage. I have replaced many normal wear and tear parts, though.

I feel the sudden urge to chime in, 260k on my 94 Mustang GT :thu. Engine and 5 speed are still fabulous, wish I could say the same for the body though. 18 winters of salted roads have taken a toll on the underside...

Back