• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

11.8 second electric datsun

No arguing its speed. He's fast. But I always have issues with the 'electric crowd that think that 'they' aren't polluting. Where do 'they' think the electricity comes from? Magic? :sarc
OKay if its hydro, wind or solar fine but lets be real most is coal supplied. Also how toxic is the making and residuals of those batteries that are being touted as saviours?

I'll concede that hybrids in whatever form are the future of automobiles but I sure would like to knock those types off their high horse. :soapboxrant :soapboxrant

"70_Fastback" said:
I'm impressed.

But still don't want one. :roll

What? There's nothing like the whir of a electric motor in the morning! Reminds you of Mom's Singer.

"70_Fastback" said:
I'm impressed.

But still don't want one. :roll
You may want to consider putting electric motors on your rat rod. With the amount of steel you have in that thing it is going weigh 4,000 lbs. You may need all that instat torque to move the tank! :roll

"68EFIvert" said:
You may want to consider putting electric motors on your rat rod. With the amount of steel you have in that thing it is going weigh 4,000 lbs. You may need all that instat torque to move the tank! :roll

:kburn

I have to agree with most replies---I still don't want one!

It is cool and it could be in any car body like a 67 Mustang even! But can he drive it on the Hot Rod Power Tour? I think not, and what did he do with the 60 batteries when he is done with them? Maybe they can be recycled but how long do they last? I know from racing RC cars that batteries have only so many cycles in them and they are junk. Like others have said the electricity has to come from somewhere. He has to plug in at the track to charge it after each run so is it any more "efficient" than a gas or diesel?
I do still think it's pretty cool, however nerdy that may be!

Wow he probably had almost 6K in JUST batteries (assuming 100 bucks a battery) of course, it costs money to be different :)

I agree, don't really want one. But wouldn't mind taking it down the strip a time or two :)

It seems to have been matched up to slower vehicles in each race. Why not run it against another gas vehicle that has the same track times.....107 in the qtr. It would be fun to try it out but it would need the correct sound system with a good V8 rumble....and that power consumption could slow it down. lol

Back