• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

160mph......

"Flysure1" said:
I hit 130 on a kz 1000 ...
I had a buddy way back in the day who let me ride his KZ1000, I think I hit somewhere in the neighborhood of 130 also and was scared sh..... well you know. Then I dumped a friends brand new V Star in some gravel taking a corner too fast (I goosed it a little entering the corner), double ouch!!! I haven't been on a bike since.
I'll stick with counting on the jaws of life to wrench me out of the twisted wreckage.

Everyone has some type of bike disaster to tell.
Usually it involves the idiot riding than the bike. I've been riding 35 years. I'm very cautious on local roads, I'm constantly reading the road and other drivers at all times. I also know my limitations. I do not try to match my friend's riding, he races bikes, so I know how far to take my riding.
Yes it is more dangerous but if that's your worry then watch TV...oh and don't drive 40 yo cars...they're dangerous. :yikes

"KBMWRS" said:
I usually only ride the bike on what I call Rides. No commuting or local riding for me.
Two weeks ago almost the whole family went for a ride over a three day weekend through Northern California...1,348 miles.

This past weekend only did 1,136. Desert one day and mountains the next. Its a fun thing....with some speed thrown in. :pep

Next weekend...cruising the coast in the '67 along with at least 5 more Mustangs. :gs :gs :pbj :toot

So Mike.............you planning to set the pace for the Pismo trip Friday?????????? :naug

The only thng that I dread about going too fast in the '67 is the dang hood flying up because of all the drag it makes.....now if I had hood pins.... :nice :naug...oh and the other dread would be SWMBO smacking the hell out of my right arm.

Now she hits me in the ribs when she's on the bike and feels like I'm going too fast. :yikes

"KBMWRS" said:
oh and the other dread would be SWMBO smacking the hell out of my right arm.

Now she hits me in the ribs when she's on the bike and feels like I'm going too fast. :yikes

Man....can I relate to that!

"KBMWRS" said:
I understand the consequences. Why do people rock climb? Hangglide? Scuba dive with sharks? Heck if it ain't for you fine but I do enjoy an occassional high speed run.

The next day we happened upon a racetrack having a track day. We both got a ride with a instructor driver in a stock Corvette. Top speed there was 120 through the esses and 90mph into a hard left hander. Pure rush. It is addicting.

Yes bad can happen but if you prepare your equipment and yourself the odds are better.

But, Mike, can't you wait until AFTER MITM? After the 13th, you can do anything you want, as far as I'm concerned. :mod

"KBMWRS" said:
The Nevada desert as straight arrow roads in good condition, sight lines for at least 15 miles, no vegitation, no animals and no traffic.

If you'd have hit an ant, you'd have been a pile of road rash.

Back