Separate names with a comma.
Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
Already a member? Login here then!
Discussion in 'Member's Build Threads' started by GPR, Apr 15, 2015.
Round 2. The black line is where Brian will be cutting
Brian wanted to see how 275 x 18's fit so he borrowed these from another project car
This is the owners original 255 x 17's that are now to narrow and will be going on my Mustang II restomod under construction.
Sprayed a little epoxy to keep it from getting any surface rust
Brian is starting on the other side. Bolted on the stone guard and front valance to keep everything lined up.
Wow, guys got skills!! Excited to see it finished
Rod & Custom coilover rear suspension
Currie 9" with Wilwood brakes
Test fitting the rear suspension
Really like the black rotors
I have the second Rod & Custom rear suspension kit sold on my 1968 Coupe and it fit great. We can get the car real low if we want. The kit has been redesigned and it is a little harder to install and you cannot get it as low as my car.
The upper shock mount now has heim joints because I'm sure not all early Mustangs have the same distance between the frame rails. Tack welded in place
Upper control arm crossmember and rear end brackets tack welded in place
Installing the rear coilover shocks
Everything was installed according to the directions and this is the lowest it would go.
After talking to Rod & Custom they said to turn the lower shock mount over
This is the ride height now with no weight in the car
How much lower will it go once interior, glass etc are installed? Seems like it might be to low, if there is such a thing.
You could take a piece of bar stock, drill some holes and extend the holes closer to the ground if needed . . . I can make a sketch and attach if you want to see what I mean.
The Customer likes it and it will go down a little with weight in it but not as low as my car with the original kit.
With weight in the car I think the ride height will be about right
Welded the rear valance in place
We wanted to do something different for the exhaust. We cut the exhaust outlets from a 1967 valance but had to make it a little larger to fit our tail pipes
Fixing the trunk gap
The owner wanted a spoiler but did not like how tall it was so we lowered the Mustangs to Fear spoiler and end caps about 1". It will be straight with the top of the quarter
Spoiler cut and test fitting
The end caps were bolted, bonded and fiberglass mat added to the quarter panel
The spoiler was bonded to the deck lid and fiberglass mat added
Very nice indeed.
I epoxy primed the body
Block sanded and a little more bodywork
One coat of SPI epoxy primer
Two coats of SPI Turbo primer
Great job. Wish we were closer, I would have you do my fender flares when I ready to do them.
That looks great.
cool built !!!!!!!!!!
We took the body off the rotisserie and mounted it on a cart so I could finish the taillight panel and rear valance. I block sanded one more time
We want to test fit everything before paint. Starting installing the Rod & Custom suspension
Back on the ground
Getting ready to install the 347 engine and TKO transmission. Those hoses got to go.
Engine and trans installed
Ididit steering column with a Billet Specialties wheel
A few more photos