• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1966 Mustang needs a little work

GPR

This project came in the other day for us to repair.

01.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

I'm interested to see how deep the damage is. I bet that thing is warped to the opposite corner.

Bill

By the looks of the gap at the lower quarter it doesn't look like they plug welded the quarter hem to the rocker panel... Otherwise, I don't think that gap would have been there even with the heavy collision.

Pffft. You have an excellent artisan metalsmith who can work his charms and make it as good as new.

One of the things that helped is he had a gas tank shield made for it and it also has subframe connectors.

07.jpg

23.jpg

do you think the tank shield really helped? I've been wondering if I should do that to mine since I drive it so much.

"tarafied1" said:
do you think the tank shield really helped? I've been wondering if I should do that to mine since I drive it so much.

As hard as it was hit the gas tank did not leak and it ripped the trunk floor.

Judging by the surface rust on the wheel well, this looks like an older restoration or original metal car???

Bill

"67 Fastback" said:
Judging by the surface rust on the wheel well, this looks like an older restoration or original metal car???

Bill

It was restored and modified by the owner in 1985

We have not had a lot of time to work on this because of other projects. The parts came in.

40.jpg

The engine was removed

41.jpg

42.jpg

We moved it to the shop and started removing the suspension

43.jpg

50.jpg

Because the subframe connectors were welded to the rear torque box the frame rail and rear floorboard was damaged but it stopped here.

55.jpg

You never know what is inside your rocker panels

58.jpg

The floors had been patched with fiberglass a long time ago.

60.jpg

ummm....Where did the car go? wow that is a lot of work.....can't wait to see this one go back together.

This would have been a great opportunity to write up a review of the new Dynacorn vert body.

I'm surprised that car wasn't "totaled" by the insurance company. that's going to be an expensive repair

Back