• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Build called Electra

console is really turning out nice!

I still have the original type 60 amp alt on my 67 and it does that too. I think I need to upgrade but just haven't done it

Console does look. Interested to see how you integrate the e brake. What e brake do you plan to use.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

console is really turning out nice!

I still have the original type 60 amp alt on my 67 and it does that too. I think I need to upgrade but just haven't done it

Thats good to know, prob my culprit then. Thanks

Console does look. Interested to see how you integrate the e brake. What e brake do you plan to use.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I ordered the floor mount Lokar, everything is there for my eBrake as far as cables so im thinking of just connecting a rod from the handle to the bracket under the car. I will cut half the cup holder area out by the drivers seat and have it mounted coming down the angle.

Been working away on the console. Loakr Handbrake fitted and was a pain in the ass!!! Trying to squeeze my hands around exhaust and the drive shaft made it very difficult but i got it done

Plus more work on the console14191902_10157382556130521_3372295788407006538_n.jpg 20160905_094737.jpg 20160905_163200.thumb.jpg.f50db0c56d3c3981f3ad492d69835486.jpg

Been working away on the console. Loakr Handbrake fitted and was a pain in the ass!!! Trying to squeeze my hands around exhaust and the drive shaft made it very difficult but i got it done
so I should install mine while trans is out!?!

absolutely, i had a hard time and the exhaust was in the way too...Probably easier if it was just the driveshaft but it hard to get wrenches in there and such...

so I should install mine while trans is out!?!
Yes. To do it "right". I don't think you want to do a "hack" job on your car. On mine I made provision/modification in the tunnel sheetmetal to facilitate a clean installation and more importantly good operation of the brake mechanism and cable(s). There are pics in my build thread. I didn't use a Lokar unit but rather a Foxbody Ford piece but the idea is the same. I also wanted to make sure my install was sealed from the outside too to prevent fumes, etc. from entering the car. Al this is much easier with the tunnel empty.

I've got this to do also. Need to get to the junkyard to find a fox ebrake.
it's hard to find fox body stangs in the pick-a-part yards around me. In fact, i don't recall the last time I saw one. Will SN95 Stangs work? I can still find those...

Idk. The yard I go to has a few foxes and a bunch of 94 ups. I'll look and see if they are use able.

Back