• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Build called Electra

Started cutting out the rotted part of the floorboard. Need to cut all the way to the outside edge and cut a few other spots out but the support is solid so thats good

if you need any advice, extra eyeball, hand etc. i'm just up the road.

you getting that knee back into "fighting shape"??

Thanks!!!! So far so good but ill let you know... The knee is doing well...Im freaking my Physical Therapist out because of how much I can do already. Hopefully I wont need a full 8 more months to train again

Well its been raining all day so i havent been able to do much of anything but it did clear for 30 minutes. So i chopped the rest of the floor panel up close to the door and used the grinding wheel to grind off must of the lip. I need a new wheel to get it done though. I then bent the lip up on my floor pan as it was bent down for the convertibles and cut it to the right length. Now I just need to cut it to fit the width of the cut out, grind some more stuff down, and cut out a little more up on the top angle area.

More cutting grinding and fitting this A.M. Need to get some weld through primer, punch some holes, clean stuff up and get ready for welding

nd after my lunch break i went back to work! Wire wheel and metal metal brush prep followed by some red rustroleum...Yeah a little bright but its all i had and it wont be seen. Ill have to wire wheel the edges again for weld thru primer but no biggie. Then I drilled/punched all my spot weld holes.

Installed the 20" Radiator fan shroud and WOW! Its like wind tunnel when i get out of the car with the hood up! That is crazy but the engine should stay nice and cool. Also removed the bottom the the rear seat. Well found about a 3"x2" rusty hole. not too bad as it seems like the only one but the rear window is definitely leak as it was wet under the seat. So I really need to get the weather strips replaced or get a carport so i can keep this car from getting so wet

you are progressing along so well that I think you will have enough time tomorrow to come cut my grass!! :yah

I've got some pieces & parts if you need a cutoff piece for that seat pan patch...

lol! Ive been trying to do a little every night...Ive still got a bunch left over from the front pan so i think im good. Thanks!!

if you were out there tonight, you could probably hear me cussing this transmission. spent two hours trying to get the tailhousing on & every time I would snug down the bolts, the input would lock up. :rant ended up cleaning all the sealer off & will start over again tomorrow...

Busy morning full of rookie mistakes making my weld job harder. Lesson learned...ALWAYS secure your pan in place before you start welding...I knew this but didn't so needless to say it ended up being a pain in the ass and shifting. I got it to work but damn!!!!

I also ran out of wire in the middle of the weld in but o well... First pic is when i ran out of wire and the second is completed welding.... Still got to do a bunch of grinding and prob weld a little more and flux core wire suxs and i do nasty welds with it lol Plus i created more gaps with the shift and had to use some space metal that didn't help much...Oddly enough the spacers i used were some old steel codder pins that's were huge....Another case of my grandfathers parts bin to the rescue lol

Did some grinding today but not enough to take pics of. Ill work on it some more during the week. I also worked on the electrical issues a bit. The rear running lights were all messed up. One was new but the old cut wire hadnt been re-attached and the brake light didnt work on that side either. So i pulled the old cables and attached the new one. Put it all together and all of a sudden the brake light started working. Guess its looped together some how or something was grounding out. The other side is cut as well but even when attached they dont work so i need new bulbs for it. I started pulling a part the headlight wiring but need to pull it out. One wire is frayed all to hell and melted. I replaced it but the passenger side headlight/blinker is all jacked. When the headlights are on the headlight blinks sometimes but sometimes not. Its not supposed to so something is crossed somewhere on that side only. So im going to pull the harness and fix it. Also cut the muffler out of the exhaust not knowing it was basically the only hanger so my pipe is almost on the ground but actually on top of the rear axle. Sounds much more muscular though lol Lots of work to do.

Also check out my whole while i was it and rats to the gas lines running right under the damn whole...So i have to take the hard gas lines down before i can even think about cutting and welding in a patch for the hole in the back

Got tired of water leaking in the bad window seals...Ordered a carport for my driveway...In an awesome world my driveway would be 3 foot off the lot line....Its not...No Garage for me.....damn I need to buy a new house lol

"JRANGER" said:
Got tired of water leaking in the bad window seals...Ordered a carport for my driveway...In an awesome world my driveway would be 3 foot off the lot line....Its not...No Garage for me.....damn I need to buy a new house lol
I couldn't exist with out a garage. I'd have to put a garage door on the living room or something!

you missed out. one that was foreclosed on about two doors down from me just sold cheap. has a shop almost the size of mine out behind it already...

you could have had a ready made garage AND been close enough to cut my grass!! :pbj :pbj :pbj

lol...My luck never seems to go in the right directions..Plus many other issues involved and it will probably be at least another year before I can even think about it...Damn i hate being grown

Back