• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Dynacorn Fastback

The snubber brackets are not mounted in the same place on the frame rail so Brian removed them so we could install the cradle for the TCP rear suspension.

24.jpg

25.jpg

Cradle bolted and welded in place

28.jpg

29.jpg

"GPR" said:
He is wearing gloves. I guess I won't post anymore action pictures.
Brian is a master bodyman, and knows what he is doing. Other people on the forum are not that proficient and knowledgeable, and may not be aware of some concerns while welding. It's a case of "your mileage may vary".

Please don't take my comments as criticism.

For a spot weld or a quick tack, I'll go after it with shorts and a T-Shirt. For sure, welding without protection will give you a nasty sun burn. I will, even on the hot days, slide something on that will give full protection for a long hot session.

The cradle is supposed to bolt to the pinnon snubber mount but there was no holes and it was off center a little.

30.jpg

Brian welded a bracket

34.jpg

Brian decided to improving the welding a little

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

They welded the other side

40.jpg

The deck lid fit great but the doors, fenders and hood are another story.

Once the fender apron holes were modified to get the fender back so there was not a large gap at the windshield and front of the hood there was not enough gap at the door.

73.jpg

The hood is to wide at the back and will need to be trimmed

75.jpg

76.jpg

Too wide at the back - I've herd that one before!

You guys do some nice work Rusty. That car is going to be nicer than the ones Ford put out.

Brian had to grind and add material to the door

78.jpg

After grinding

80.jpg

He also had to do the same to the front

82.jpg

83.jpg

The left vent window would not fit so Brian had to drill out the spot welds and bend the sheetmetal a little to allow the vent window to go in.

84.jpg

The bracket on the inside of the door where the bottom of the vent window attaches was in the wrong place and had to be moved

85.jpg

"guruatbol" said:
Would the hood be too wide on an original car?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

It was to wide at the back by the cowl.

Rusty, do you mind to post some more pics of how you added or clearance the hood especially from the underside? I think I'll have to do this. Is it like adding and removing metal to door edges or is there other tricks?

Bill

"67 Fastback" said:
Rusty, do you mind to post some more pics of how you added or clearance the hood especially from the underside? I think I'll have to do this. Is it like adding and removing metal to door edges or is there other tricks?

Bill

When Brian ground the edge of the hood the part that was bent over was never attached to the bottom of the hood so now it was a separate piece. Once he got the right clearance he welded the pieces back together than ground the edge down.

Back