• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Hot Rod

"68RestoMod" said:
Great work. Definitely getting me motivated to get back out in the garage and get to work.

Thanks!

Last night we hung both doors, driver fender complete and started pass fender.

Hood will have to be "relieved" for super charger clearance. I am hoping that the mold on 67 Shelby Scoop will cover so I can keep it "stealth"!

Also, picked a new rear non GT valance so I can hide the exhaust, again going for the "stealth" look.

Its nice to get some of these big parts back on car as working in a two car garage can be really be taxing on space.

Jerry, I dont think you could hide that under Jeremy's scoop let alone a '67 Shelby scoop....

index.php

"Fast68back" said:
Jerry, I dont think you could hide that under Jeremy's scoop let alone a '67 Shelby scoop....

I bet it will fit under if I space it with a few washers!! :)

I don't think your hood is going to close, I had one customer who even had trouble with my hood but finally got it worked out. Great job on the build so far. Rich.

"mustangstofear" said:
I don't think your hood is going to close, I had one customer who even had trouble with my hood but finally got it worked out. Great job on the build so far. Rich.

I'm not worried about closing it, I'm worried about how much is gonna stick through it! Hot Rod's have "stuff" that goes above the hood line. How bout some tips!

BTW, no one complained about my GTO!

GTO

Talked to Vintage Wheel Works today, 09-09-11 and my wheels shipped! 18x8 front 4 3/4 BS ----18x9 1/2 rear 5 1/2 BS. Can't wait to get this car on the ground! Need to start thinking about what tires to hang on this mule.

(no, I did NOT build the GTO in the previous post!) :eek:mg

Want to get car to muffler shop, so I hit craigslist for some rollers. Found a pair of 17" Mustang wheels that have approx 6 1/8" backspace, so I had to buy some wheel spacers, so back to craigslist and found some Jeep 1 1/2" spacers and needed all of it! (My TCI 9" is not as wide as a factory 8"?) Got the two wheels installed.

those fenders and doors look familiar... my half of the car isn't going to be nearly as cool as your half! Great build though, I've seen that GTO somewhere before too.

"tarafied1" said:
those fenders and doors look familiar... my half of the car isn't going to be nearly as cool as your half! Great build though, I've seen that GTO somewhere before too.

Good noticing! I needed the parts and John lives a few miles from here! I am glad each half will have another chance!

Hood Scoop + Wheels + Dash = UPS!

Got a few things from the brown truck this am.

Now that I have my 67 GT350 mold on hood scoop, I can squeeze that mod motor under it!

Man, you're making great progress. Keep this up and you'll be done in the spring!

Do you have any pics of how the heck you fit the under dash pwr brake/hyd clutch assembly in there?! It's hard to believe you fit the whole assembly under the dash, and where did you mount the fluid reservoirs?

"garner67" said:
Man, you're making great progress. Keep this up and you'll be done in the spring!

Do you have any pics of how the heck you fit the under dash pwr brake/hyd clutch assembly in there?! It's hard to believe you fit the whole assembly under the dash, and where did you mount the fluid reservoirs?

The car with the under dash power brakes and hydraulic clutch is my 65. Its finished and we are enjoying it. The build pics are here:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-gallery/595036-65-unisteer-ididit-ccp-sub-frame.html

We do not drive it much, but this car, 67 Hot Rod, is being built for Hot Rod Power Tour type events.

Since I did not have the original rear end, does anybody know the exact width of a 67 rear end? (Outer surface of drum to drum)

I want to compare to the actual width of the TCI rear that is under car now. It may be narrower? :craz

I just happened to have 67/68 axle sitting in the garage, it measures 59.5" flange to flange (i didn't have the drums on) maybe another 1/4" with drums.

"tarafied1" said:
I just happened to have 67/68 axle sitting in the garage, it measures 59.5" flange to flange (i didn't have the drums on) maybe another 1/4" with drums.

Thanks! I measured the Currie/TCI rear; from the face of the disc to opposite side is exactly 57 1/4". If I add 1/4" x 2 to the factory FORD 67 rear measurements and subtract from the Currie/TCI the difference is 2 1/2"! [59 3/4" - 57 1/4"] I am wondering now if my rear wheels have too much back space?
18"x9.5" w/5.5" BS. We spent all evening measuring for tires, hope we got it right. :beat

I had to custom order my rear wheels because I have a Lincoln 9" and it's narrower than stock 67. I couldn't find a wheel off the shelf with the right BS. Good luck

1967 Hot Rod Hood

I have good HOOD news. I have the original hood but wanted to cut this repop up for fitment before cutting on the original. I'm still thinking Stealth!!!

Ck it out:

Back