• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Hot Rod

Drove car for first time this am. Loaded on trailer and off to muffler shop. 50 Series stainless Flowmasters at Rich's Performance Muffler in Wylie. Can't wait to get it back. Three to four days for exhaust.

"daveSanborn" said:
Do they smelt their own steel there? 3-4 days seems like an awful lot of time to bend and hang a couple of pipes.....

Rich is an artist with the pipes and works like one. He takes his time but it is worth the wait.

So your car is going to be displayed on its side like the new 5.0....... What is it costing you for the artist to work on your exhaust?

I'm digging the rake on that thing!
index.php

"daveSanborn" said:
Do they smelt their own steel there? 3-4 days seems like an awful lot of time to bend and hang a couple of pipes.....

That's funny but the truth is since its stainless, tig welded, mandrule bent, and being assembled so I can take it off later for paint its taking more time. The exhaust is getting 4 of the weld on DynaTech stainless clamps. Most of the work is getting the all exhaust above the sub frame. I also did not want it below the transmission and that T56 is fat!

"AzPete" said:
So your car is going to be displayed on its side like the new 5.0....... What is it costing you for the artist to work on your exhaust?

No not displayed on its side, but due to the suspension a "standard" dual exhaust would not work. I did not want to see the exhaust from a side view and did not want the exhaust below the torque arm suspension. I also wanted the exhaust above the transmission cross member. I want it stealth.

Its not gonna have a GT rear valance. The exhaust will be slash cut right at valance. It cost TOO DAMN MUCH!! :$$$

Here is example of the routing I do not want, that is on the TCI project car:

"Fast68back" said:
I'm digging the rake on that thing!

The rake is a bit much for my taste and is actually a mistake. TCI sent me small block springs for the coil overs on the front. They are adjustable and are in the least height. The suspension will be slightly lowered from stock.

I am really trying to make it look like a 67 non GT, with stock interior, Shelby Hood and mag wheels. Sort of an anti Eleanor look, with a lot of scoot!

"tarafied1" said:
me too, mine sits about the same. They look good that way. Speed bumps suck however!

I like your stance, it does not seem as steep as mine currently is. BTW, mine can only drop another 1" as ALL the travel is nearly down in the way it is now.

The attached pic is TCI's 67 with their suspension. Pretty!

"janschutz" said:
Rich is an artist with the pipes and works like one. He takes his time but it is worth the wait.

Thanks John! Rich did a fabulous job on Bill Miller's 66 GT. Here's a link to his web site:

http://richs-performance-mufflers.com/

I got the quietest Flowmaster muffler offered. (50 Series) Suppose to be very quiet in the car, but slightly aggressive behind. "Sounds" stealth to me!

Picked up car yesterday after work from exhaust shop. Very pleased, but not as quiet as I expected. I am sure it will improve as I add sound barrier, windshield, interior and trunk lid etc.

(BTW, these mod motors do NOT sound nearly as good as a push rod motor with a lumpy cam, my 65 sounds ten times better at idle!)

There are 15+ tig welded stainless steel 2 1/2" "joints" on each side of the exhaust. It is removable without cutting. He had to shave the front corner off each muffler to get proper fitment. The factory SVT Cobra had 4 cats and 4 exhaust sensors. Now, no cats and two sensors. Should breathe a LOT better.

Exhaust terminates slash cut right at non GT rear valance.

One more major item finished!

"RyanG85" said:
Thats pretty slick looking!

Thanks! We think it looks better now from the bottom up!

I got the front coilover 450 LB springs in yesterday and swapped them for the 350 LB "lowrider" springs shipped in error with the kit. Raised it a couple of inches and this is with the adjusting collar as low as it will go. I want it to look just a little lower than stock. We have it back on jack stands doing some misc stuff under neath and will adjust after a few miles and before final alignment.

The lower control arms are nearly level, (see first pic) and they should be slightly pointing down for full suspension travel.

Jerry, the car is looking great. I love the work that you and gary have done. I guess keeping a nuclear submarine afloat for all of those years taught Gary a thing or two about turning a wrench. You are no slouch either. great work, can't wait to see it in person.

"ko67" said:
Jerry, the car is looking great. I love the work that you and gary have done. I guess keeping a nuclear submarine afloat for all of those years taught Gary a thing or two about turning a wrench. You are no slouch either. great work, can't wait to see it in person.

Thanks Kevin!

Gary is the man. His experience with his own mod motor swap makes this physically easier, but the supercharger+accessories along with the size of the transmission makes this swap more difficult. Not to mention that we started with literally a shell of a car. This swap would not be possible without his skills, especially the aluminum tig welding he had to do.

We are fixing to do this mod, move the IAC, (Idle Air Control) from the top of intake to the side for more hood room at rear of engine on passenger side.

Are you planning to bond that scoop on the turn signal hood? I wondered if that cold be done and turn out alright.
Bill

Back