• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 parking brake conversion to 1969 style foot pedal

pwbabcock

Hello all. I did a disc brake swap on my 67 and like most others found the hand operated pull lever for the parking brake insufficient at best. I have a front bench seat so it was a no go for the hump mounted modern style lever. I decided why not just utilize a foot operated parking brake from a 69-70 Mustang. The install wasn't to difficult. You do have to drill the mounting holes into the side of the firewall and add 3/4" of spacers to clear the kick panels. You will also need to drill through the firewall for the front cable and move the windshield washer pedal to the right about 2". I used the front brake cable from a 69 as well, and managed to retain the stock equalizer arm. Here is a picture of the pedal installed. I can post more info and detailed photos if anyone is interested.
20150623_184404.jpg

Great idea. More pics from both inside the car and in the engine compartment would be great

I had been looking into doing the same thing with my resto mod coupe. I'd be very interested in you posting some more info/pics!

Back