1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1968 Fairlane

Discussion in 'Classifieds (General)' started by 69mstng, Nov 1, 2015.

1. 69mstng

69mstng Member

289 c4 running and driving project car. Recently replaced the battery, master cylinder and rear wheel cylinders. I have a marti report on it. Located in west unity, OH $5,500 call 419-388-3712[​IMG]

2. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Looks sweet!

3. 69mstng

69mstng Member

Thanks!

Sent from my 5017B using Tapatalk

4. 69mstng

69mstng Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

My father leased a 68 LTD 2 door in 1968, and was one of the cars I learned to drive in. The body style is identical to yours from the side, but the grill work and interior was different. It had a 390 2V, a real dog of an engine...I imagine a 289 in a vehicle of that size would be similarly somewhat underpowered.

Your fairlane's body looks to be in excellent shape; how's the engine and underbody?

6. 69mstng

69mstng Member

It's definitely not as powerful as my 390 69 coupe but it would make for a good cruiser. There is spot on the bottom rear of the fenders that are bubbling and a couple spots in the floors that need patched. But other than that it is a pretty solid car. It would make for a good project car.

7. 69mstng

69mstng Member