• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1985 gt

TREE

Just getting some input I have a chance to buy a 85 gt for around $1900.00 it is rust free came from California it has a short throw shifter, stainless headers and exhaust, 303 cam, kyb struts , centerforce clutch ,runs great,new 5 star pony wheels and tires, but is missing door panels and headliner.Never got into 80's anything is their a resale market out their if I decide to buy just don't want to get caught with my pants down. Does this sound like a good price

sounds good compared to prices in my area. i've had 2 85 gt's over the years so always notice one for sale & would probably pick one up for "old times sake" if the right car came along @ a decent price. around here they want 1k-2k for a rolling shell.

Local club member just bought an '88 T top, 5.0, manual, good interior, no rust, needing exterior lights replaced, paint and minor body work for $3500. Less than 100,000 miles I believe too.

That car is FI this one is a carb do you think it affects the price that much?
Guys in Pittsburgh that I spoke with said stay away if it isn't fuel injected

It all depends on what you want. Some people have no clue about carbs, others have no clue about FI. I think the price you see sounds good unless you want FI.

The 85 gt came with two set-ups. If you bought a manual trans gt it came with as a carbed set-up and the auto trans gt came with injected throttle body. ( if that is the proper term for that set-up)

I would say you would break even at the worst on selling it if you paid someone to do the interior work for you.

I sold my 85 gt body after I bought my 66. I had it set-up for street and strip. Looking at that pic. I would say that is a great price for the car. Venders are starting to make repop parts for the fox bodies now so it would be easier to fix problems that may surface. I miss my 85 GT. :cry

Back