• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1st attempt with smoker yesterday

I was once severely poisoned by a barbecue pulled-pork sandwich. 35 years later I'll eat them but that episode always pops in my head first. For like 10 years I wouldn't touch one.
SWMBO has grilled chicken but it has to be done to where she thinks it LOOKS done, nevermind what my collection of meat thermometers say. :dun
I feel like I am in a minority but I have zero interest in salmon in any way shape or form. The only marine life that gets on my grill is shrimp.
Though I'm making a big deal over these ribs we really don't eat that much pork. I like cow. If the beef isn't charcoal or doesn't have a heartbeat, I'll generally eat it.
Hmmm, apple smoked beef ribs?

Well, I'm in Memphis. Where pig is king. But I'll eat the hell out of brisket if given the chance. Seafood, not so much. Never cared for it. Only fried catfish.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

try some smoked lobster tails and artichokes!

My wife is a less is more with regard to smoke. I find that is I give it chips in the first hour, it is just right.

Go to the forum that Craig turned me on to, http://www.smokingmeatforums.com and show her the Qview. Jeff's rib rub is worth the money. I learned so much from that site! For instance when I do pork now I rub it down with yellow mustard before the rub goes on. I also wait until the meat is close to room temp before it goes on the grill.

If you get some Fred Flintstone ribs slab cut right from a standing rib roast and smoke them with rub on them for about 4 hours at 225 and then finish them on the grill with your favorite sauce and serve them up with some grilled veggies and potatoes baked and some cold smoked butter and cheese and she will fall head over heels for your smoker. That is all it took to hook amber. then came the pork shoulder! Wow, she keeps looking for things to smoke now.

Oh, then there is the cheese for special spreads!

All a big hit around here.

Good luck with your new hobby!

Mel

Back