• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2005 wheels on a 66

TREE

I have seen you guys talk about putting new wheels on your first gen mustangs does anyone know if these 05 wheels will bolt up to a 66 both are 5 bolt I like the way these wheels look like the old style I think with some black highlights around the rim these might work and they are cheap 250.00 for the set with newer tires any ideas or comments? just in case the attachment does not work these are 5 spoke split factories

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 92
Yes, but you will need spacers to push the wheels out as the modern cars run much more backspace than you need. The spacers are not cheap, so be sure you calculate that cost when you determine what is a "good" deal. Most Mustang places, NPD, Dallas Mustang, Mustangs Unlimited, etc. should carry the spacers.

yeah, what he said...
here is a pic of the spacer
72_19_11_09_8_14_00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running late model 17" wheels on my '66 and using the spacer/adapters. The price on the adapters isn't really that bad. I bought mine off of eBay to the tune of ~$60 a pair. For some weird reason there are "sets of four" available for ~$225+ that appear to be the exact same design.

Are the wheels you have pictured of off the V6 cars? Aren't those 16" wheels? Either way, yes, the wheels will fit by using the adapter/spacers. 16" tire assortment isn't as good as 17" tire assortment. The stock late model tires WILL fit the rear of your car, but usually WON'T fit on the front w/o interferring with the fenders during cornering/suspension articulation.

yes they are off the v6 cars 215/65/r16 is the stock size I believe but what do you think about the rim itself?

"TREE" said:
yes they are off the v6 cars 215/65/r16 is the stock size I believe but what do you think about the rim itself?

I like the rim design. It should look nice on a classic Mustang. I've always associated that style wheel with a re-design of a classic Shelby style wheel. Although not the same, some of the stying cues are similar.

I've got a set of those in the garage waiting for the finish of the suspension project I'm working on now.

Anyone know what size tire DOES work since the stocks interfere?

I'm not opposed to fender rolling.

Back