• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2017 Hot Rod Power Tour dates and cities announced

After talking to doofus in Chitcago today, we came up with an idea.

1st - When do you plan on being in KC?
2nd - I'm checking with the KC area guys if they want to meet up around then. I haven't seen anyone of you suckers since before I got sick (shit friends that I have...J/K).
3rd - We could meet by the hotel or possibly at Bob's house in Base Whore since he can hit the track with a spitball.
4th - Since I'll be loaded for Hallett, I could come a few days early and be there. I have to swing through Manhattan to pick up my brother anyway.

Friday June 9th is the day to meet up. All that day and the next the cars will be rolling in for the tour. I'm planning on getting in fairly early Friday. Not sure if I'm leaving home early that morning or the night before just yet.

Would love to host something! Thursday or Friday or both!

Just sayin'! (It's a Kansas City thing, Google it...)
Kegger-at-my-moms-house.png

2nd - I'm checking with the KC area guys if they want to meet up around then. I haven't seen anyone of you suckers since before I got sick (shit friends that I have...J/K).
Hey now, we hung out at the track last summer. If you hadn't moved almost to Canada (to be by Bob), we'd see each other more.

I still miss seeing all you guys.

Skip??? He's a recluse. Lives way out in the country where they don't have plumbing or electricity apparently...
J? He moved halfway to Oklahoma. Starting his own tribe.
Dan? I think the kids at at the "run mom & dad crazy" stage.

"Doofus in Chicago" lol. I can feeeeeel the Love
Anyway, I believe our (Borden gang) plan was to drive on Friday. Mapquest says it's about 8 1/2 hour drive. I can ask Larry and Jerry what they plan on doing if you like? I doubt we can leave Thursday due to work schedules.
My boys are planning to drive as well so that means a 67 Mustang that i have yet to swap in a TKO, 1980 Bobcat currently choking on rusty fuel lines and a 99GT with an Aviator motor that is still sitting on an engine stand, all have to survive the first leg of just getting to the starting point!!!
Larry's Mach 1 has proven quite reliable and who knows what car(s) Jerry will bring but it will be a nice one no doubt.
So I think it will be safe to try for Friday night...

My boys are planning to drive as well so that means a 67 Mustang that i have yet to swap in a TKO, 1980 Bobcat currently choking on rusty fuel lines and a 99GT with an Aviator motor that is still sitting on an engine stand, all have to survive the first leg of just getting to the starting point!!!
Now I feel ashamed to even be concerned about finishing up my car in time.

You'll probably have all that done before I can even finish my small punch list on my car.
I have to swap in a new cam first. I want to break it in on my old springs. Then once it is broke in I will pull motor and trans so I can convert to a 5 speed and install my aluminum heads, springs, roller rockers, etc. And I need to install my new windshield. The Bobcat will probably be the easiest, maybe just some new fuel lines. The 99 is a big deal. We are building a 4 cam 4.6 we pulled out of an 05 Aviator (closest to the Cobra/Mach 1 4 cam without paying for a Cobra/Mach1 engine). So we have to rebuild it, and sawp a bunch of parts like the intake, long tube headers, shaker hood set-up, etc. I don't know if we can get it all done in time! Especially because I am in Germany now, going to Australia and India all before the tour!

My list is shorter.
I need to go through the entire front suspension again and New tires and alignment. Build shock tower braces. Electric fan or build a shroud for the mechanical fan that's on there. Then track down the short in my fuel pump.
The rest is minor.

Well at least it's finally running. I was going to have it repainted in may, but decided to drive the hell out it this summer first. If I do the tour then I don't have to worry about damage or chips. I'll wait until next fall to repaint.

I started to write up my punch list of all the odds and ends that need done after the big stuff that's left to complete. Man....

You start putting man hours against each line and it will make a guy nervous. An hour here a couple there sure adds up fast. I plain forgot I hadn't even ordered up upholstery for the seats. I better do that quick as the guy who will make them is typically a couple months to ship. Looks like I need to find some time off before the trip just to get ready for the trip! lol

I started to write up my punch list of all the odds and ends that need done after the big stuff that's left to complete. Man....

You start putting man hours against each line and it will make a guy nervous. An hour here a couple there sure adds up fast. I plain forgot I hadn't even ordered up upholstery for the seats. I better do that quick as the guy who will make them is typically a couple months to ship. Looks like I need to find some time off before the trip just to get ready for the trip! lol

Back