• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2017 Hot Rod Power Tour dates and cities announced

I'm there. Plan on having my young'n riding shotgun for the Tour. At least that's what he tells me today. He has been in and out on the trip a few times so far!

we are driving up that day. If all goes well we will be there at a reasonable time. It would be five of us. My wife, two sons and a son's friend.

Whoever is going to Bob's house, whatever you do, don't let him show you his business toys...er...tools, let alone demonstrate them on you!!! This is fair warning.

Whoever is going to Bob's house, whatever you do, don't let him show you his business toys...er...tools, let alone demonstrate them on you!!! This is fair warning.

Maybe such a demonstration may incur a group SOB Dumbo award.

The ole Chevy is ready to go. I put a sliding rear window (AC) in that I have had sitting in the garage since I got the truck. Was never motivated enough to put it in until now. I also took it to the exhaust shop and had a new dual exhaust put on. The old stuff was rusted full of holes and one of the tail pipes had actually fallen off. So I figured with the new AC operating (window open) I might get fumes in the cab. I was content with that and changing oil and that type stuff but my wife decided that starting it with a screw driver was probably not very secure especially since the door locks didn't work either. So I bought a complete lock set for the doors, ignition switch and even a glove box lock. So I have to carry a key now. I used to keep a screwdriver in the ash try. I also splurged and bought a toolbox for the bed. So I could lock up my tools and spare parts. I guess it was stuff I should have done anyway but the HRPT (and SWMBO) motivated me to git-R-done. Next she is going to want me to put in carpet and fix the holes in the floor...
IMG_0295.JPG IMG_0294 (2).JPG

Back