1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2018 Hot Rod Power Tour dates and venues

Discussion in 'Events' started by tarafied1, Dec 7, 2017.

1. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

I'm considering just driving the route and going to the hotel, skipping the venues and the long lines, unless there is something specific I want to do or see. When we went in 2013, the sponsors made a big deal of making sure you stand in line to punch the clock, check in at their tent in every city, etc., making you think there would be a big reward at the end.

2. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

YES! I would do that in a heart beat, especially in the fall! We need to seriously pick a realistic date that we could do it and start planning!

3. tarafied1

Funny you mention that, I have been trying to propose that to my family as well. The drive and the hotels are the best part anyway!!!

4. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

I feel the same way. The long haul swag is not anything to write home about. Or as a group, maybe we give all out credentials to one member a day and they do the go to venue and stand in line stuff and get the announcements.

5. KBMWRS

KBMWRS What did the moron say today?

I know some jaw dropping roads from here to Colorado....aw...doesn't help you much does it?

tarafied1 likes this.
  6. Kelly_H

Kelly_H Young Grasshopper

Cities are pretty good for me this year, since Raleigh is my hometown and Holley is based out of Bowling Green so I might be there anyways.

Too bad I've gotta drive 14 hours to get to the start, and 18 hours to get back home from the finish! I WISH I got to only drive half a day...

tarafied1 likes this.
  7. Kelly_H

Kelly_H Young Grasshopper

Oh, and if I don't go on the HRPT, then I'll be going to American Graffiti in Modesto, which is of course a 25 hour drive away.

8. Grabber70Mach

Grabber70Mach Well-Known Member

So what type of vehicles are welcome on the cruise? Say if someone wanted to cruise along in a 2001 Mustang and another in a 2016 Focus ST would they be in the mix.

9. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

Everybody and everything are welcome. We will be bringing my '66 and '12 Mustangs

10. tarafied1

yes, there are brand new Vettes, new Camaros, late model pickups, there is even a notorious Le Barron convertible! You will see just about everything you can imagine and some things you would never imagine!

11. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

Maybe I should take my new DD.....

It's not a muscle car, but it has AC! [​IMG]

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

12. tarafied1

I've seen nearly everything, you could do it!

13. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

I'll paint some flames on it, add a wing and lots of stickers!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

tarafied1 likes this.
  14. tarafied1

I wasgoing to say it might not draw as much attention as the 70 but I think that might do it...

15. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

Forgot to actually register for the power tour since is was not yet available when announced. Did that today!

tarafied1 likes this.
  16. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

17. tarafied1

man I don't think I am going to have the 67 back together in time!

18. KBMWRS

KBMWRS What did the moron say today?

You can DO IT!

tarafied1 likes this.
  19. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

If you don't, take the truck again. We'll be truck buddies.

We are looking for something fun to go to on one of the day's. Maybe a side trip to a museum or historical area.

tarafied1 likes this.
  20. tarafied1

wife is trying to talk me into taking her 07 because it has AC. Which would be nice. But it's not a "Hot Rod" so I am not 100% sold on the idea yet