• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

215 Tires with Manual Steering

dm289

Is anybody running 215 front tires on a 65/66 with Manual Steering? Had bad is the effort at slow speeds???

"dm289" said:
Is anybody running 215 front tires on a 65/66 with Manual Steering? Had bad is the effort at slow speeds???

You'll be fine.

(says the guy that ran 245 40 17 on a 65 with a 16:1 manual for years)

I have driven many mustangs with 215 fronts and manual steering and the effort never seemed high to me.

"dodgestang" said:
You'll be fine.

(says the guy that ran 245 40 17 on a 65 with a 16:1 manual for years)

I have driven many mustangs with 215 fronts and manual steering and the effort never seemed high to me.

I agree with Nick. I've even had 225's on with no problems!

215 tires on a 66 with manual steering at very slow speeds is awful. I switched to 195 tires and it is a world of difference...much easier now.

I'm running 225 on Shag and yes when trying to park, etc, it's a total bear. Red is running 205's and it is day and night.

"Midlife" said:
215 tires on a 66 with manual steering at very slow speeds is awful. I switched to 195 tires and it is a world of difference...much easier now.

True sign of old age.

245/60/15's up front with stock manual steering, aka armstrong power steering...
I do not like to parallel park!!

I have no problems with my 225/45/17 tires. Didn't have any problem when I had 225/60/15 tires with old cragar rims. Parallel parking no problems but I'm also 20 years younger than most of you. >:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

"David67" said:
I have no problems with my 225/45/17 tires. Didn't have any problem when I had 225/60/15 tires with old cragar rims. Parallel parking no problems but I'm also 20 years younger than most of you. >:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

World of difference parallel parking with 225s vs 245's, trust me!

"Midlife" said:

What he said! I did exactly the same as Randy.

When I was taught how to drive, my instructor told me to always be moving when turning the wheel. I think with modern power steering we have gotten lazy and sit there stationary while we turn lock to lock with our pinkie's in the grocery store parking lot.

If you apply the rule of always be rolling (even slightly) while turning, you'll have no issues.

Back