• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

289 or early 302 timing cover

Any timing cover from that era (late 65 to 70) from either a 289 or 302 will work.

I have bought a couple on eBay over the years. They are pretty cheap and certainly good if you get an honest seller. You want, of course, one with all the bolt threads in good condition.

Craig,
I know that I have one or two somewhere out in a box in the shop. Let me do some digging, and see what I can find when I get home. I'll put your name on one.

"66gt350" said:
Craig,
I know that I have one or two somewhere out in a box in the shop. Let me do some digging, and see what I can find when I get home. I'll put your name on one.
Thanks,
I'm rebuilding the engine for him and the one he has is pretty bad!

If you end up having to buy a new one, check speedway motors, they were the cheapest by far when I bought mine. I have two late model covers in the garage but would be no god without a fuel pump access point.

thanks, he is kinda of a tight wad on some things so I have to shop around! Other times he spends a bundle on something he doesn't really need yet.

Back