• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

351 windsor questions, please post pics

rusty1970

It is a 69 351 windsor and its going in a 70 Mach1. Does anyone have any good pics of the coil placement and the altenator placement. I have seen lots of configurations and not sure what is correct! I am going to run power steering and no A/C. Thanks

I know this isn't a huge help, but this is a pic from right after I drug my car home years ago. You can see the top of the coil behind the alternator on the bottom left of the pic. I believe it has a wrap-around bracket that bolts to the head. Despite the terrible condition, my car seemed to be mostly unmolested.

500_17_01_10_11_46_11_4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen them installed all over the place. Most often I've seen them installed on their side located on the the intake manifold towards the front. I've seen them on both the drivers and passenger side of the intake depending on if A/C and other components were installed. Without a lot of the accessories I've typically seen them mounted vertically to the head on either the drivers or passenger side of the head.

My car came with power steering but no AC... the pics I've scanned through confirm what buening stated... the coil was mounted all over the place.

Back