• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

351w fuel pump requirements

Fst Blk

Ok, so I searched till I'm tired of this subject. What fuel pump is right for my car? I thought about using a holley blue or red for awhile but my buddy has a blue and it is just too loud for my taste. My car is strictly street. If it sees the track it will be once or something. I'm building a cruiser. So what flow rate should I be looking at?

I've got my eye on this because reviews say it's fairly quiet but I don't know if it will meet my fuel requirements.
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/crt...y8OV3LR81gGH8j1Us1Ql_sFkIJa3p66n1vhoCwonw_wcB

As far as mechanical, I have looked at that option and it will cost alot more considering I would need a new timing cover, cam eccentric, and everything. I thought an electric would be tons easier. Mount a filter then the pump. With the one I linked probably won't even need a regulator.

Bill

I've run both Holleys and they are loud regardless of how you try to mount them to the point I went back to mechanical. No experience with that Carter pump so can't comment on it. The quietest pumps are internally mounted in the tank but things get pricey heading that way.

Since I am going carb for now I went simple on mine and stayed with a mech pump. Next round will get injection and a new tank w/internal elec.

If using an electrical fuel pump , you need to built in some sort of failsafe.

the foxbody mustang had a crash switch in the trunk , it cuts of the electrical fuelpump in case of an accident .

It had a steel bal in it.

Some guys here will know what I am talking about.

Back