• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

39 and going to do what I want.

Congrads man, be safe and watch out for stupid people, your gonna meet several.

"Midlife" said:
Your first duty is to patronize the local Krispy Kreme outlet and down a half-dozen doughnuts. Your assignment is to also harass the manager: inspect the property and payroll accounts for any anomalies...

If my buddy that works for the DOR gets bored, I have a job for him!!! And as far as owls Mike, it will be called a Glock .45...or time for a lunch break.

It's only 6 or 8 weeks with the county. I go in Wednesday to fill out all the paperwork, get equipment, qualify, etc and will get all my questions answered. I think it's 8. It was 14 with city. I know there is a lot to learn but 14 weeks...wow.

Congrats Duane! I'm proud of ya for sticking with it. Welcome to the brothers in blue. And just remember when you're on that call at 3am with some naked guy running through the streets screaming about loving LSD, you just can't make this sh!t up.

"blue65coupe" said:
It's only 6 or 8 weeks with the county. I go in Wednesday to fill out all the paperwork, get equipment, qualify, etc and will get all my questions answered. I think it's 8. It was 14 with city. I know there is a lot to learn but 14 weeks...wow.

Ours is 9 weeks; 3 with your primary, then to a secondary and the last 3 back to your primary. The learning never stops though, that's just to get you started with the basics. If you keep one thing in mind it will help you out greatly; your FTO is there to teach you and not to be your friend. You can get one you think is being a total a$$ with you. They're not though, they're giving experience and training to help keep you safe. The friendship comes afterwards. It's a tough concept to grasp by some people.

I had a trainee with me that thought I was picking on him. He tried to report me to a sergeant. Little did he know the sarge then reported it to me. We had a little "come to Jesus" meeting and rolled on. About a year later after being out on the street he came up and apologized to me. He told me he finally realized what I was trying to teach him. We've been friends for about 8 years now!

And BTW, Brian is right. You're gonna see stuff you just won't believe!!! LOL

p.s. Don't let your co-workers take pictures of you. You never know WHERE they'll end up at! Hope you'll be at MBB this year.....hehehehe

"67 evil eleanor" said:
Congrads man, be safe and watch out for stupid people, your gonna meet several.

a big +1!

will you be doing regular "police" functions? always thought it was funny here that the county doesn't police, they only handle warrants, the jailhouse, & courthouse/govt bldg. security.

I hope I have a hard FTO. Never tried to make friends and really want to learn. And the LSD Brian...I *know* about that stuff. It's the meth and bath salts that's got me going WTH????? Deputies here do very little police work as in the form of traffic stuff. We have a pretty big county. There is some traffic but most is going to be domestic stuff, emergency calls, traffic in the form of dui, etc. And pictures of me...well some of ya'll have thrown that out the window. Glad none of my future co-workers are on here!!! As it stands now the rotation should allow me to be at MBB. Always subject to change but that is how it falls right now.

And WTH is up with this sig line somebody put under my avatar? I think it's police sounds but that's about all I'm getting out of it.

"blue65coupe" said:
And WTH is up with this sig line somebody put under my avatar? I think it's police sounds but that's about all I'm getting out of it.

Complain to the establishment and get someone fired!

"FordDude" said:
I think that you have reached a new low even for :Mark

fd

I can go a LOT lower than that! Maybe so low he could have his own emoticon...an owl maybe???

"Sir, have you been drinking? Your eyes are bloodshot".

"Gee officer, have you been eating doughnuts? Your eyes look kind of glazed"!

I can see Duane at equipment issue....."Guns, guns. When do we get guns?!!!"

Congratulations Duane. I'm glad to hear that everything has worked out for you. All the best bud!

Back