• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

3rd coat of clear is on

aslan

web.jpg

Just got back from the bodyshop and was blown away! I'm very excited about how the color came out. 2 more coats to go.
More pics on my page. www.stanedington.com
Stan

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes me want to get out the blender and make a berrie margarita! Yum. oh.......nice color Stan.

How many coats of clear will have been applied when it's all said and done?

I don't understand the interruption between "coats of clear". I'm not a painter by trade, but I do paint my own cars. When I do it, the 3-4 coats of clear are all shot without interruption. Are they applying 2 coats, then wet-sanding smooth and then re-shooting a couple more coats? This is a LOT more work, but the end result is usually worth it... as stated, the clear develops a "deeper" look and imperfections are almost non-existant.

Looks real nice Stan.

"daveSanborn" said:
How many coats of clear will have been applied when it's all said and done?

I don't understand the interruption between "coats of clear". I'm not a painter by trade, but I do paint my own cars. When I do it, the 3-4 coats of clear are all shot without interruption. Are they applying 2 coats, then wet-sanding smooth and then re-shooting a couple more coats? This is a LOT more work, but the end result is usually worth it... as stated, the clear develops a "deeper" look and imperfections are almost non-existant.

Looks real nice Stan.

This is a sluggo approved method.
This is what you get:
1_06_09_08_12_42_31_59.jpg

This car actually could use one more round of sanding and buffing. 4 coats of base, 2 coats of clear, sanded, striped and cleared, sanded, 2 more coats of clear, sanded and buffed once.
See the exhaust fan and louver in the 26 foot ceiling?

Last edited by a moderator:
"68EFIvert" said:
What color did you paint it. It looks great!

Brittany blue with pearl stripes. Pearl is 50/50 blue/white powdered pearl.

Thanks,
Tons of pics in the sub gallery of my gallery.

Back