• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

$4.25 for regular gas - WTF!

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
I'm actually starting to reconsider each time I take either Mustang or the ole Chebbie truck out for a spin. Damn this gas is getting expensive.

Your gf
628x471.jpg
is all over it...

http://www.loansafe.org/feinstein-urges-ftc-probe-of-cas-high-gas-prices :sarc

fd

I think it's $3.51 in Tucson. It's diesel that's ridiculous now. The cheapest I've seen is $3.97.

Ive paid way more than 4.25 in California many years ago. I think I'm just getting used to high prices. 4.25 doesn't seem that crazy to me. Its about the same in NY.

$4.27 cheapest around me. We've been around $4 for 87 for quite a while. The fake hurricane problems shot it up that extra quarter.

"Horseplay" said:
$4.27 cheapest around me. We've been around $4 for 87 for quite a while. The fake hurricane problems shot it up that extra quarter.

Somehow I doubt that Isaac is "fake" in the eyes of all of those people whose houses have water up to their roofs!

I believe that was a "fake" meaning the issues of gas prices going up based on the hurricane hitting. Nothing fake about the damage.

Didn't our guberment pass a law making this illegal? Or is that BS. :shrug

Hey....a person BUILT that business. He can charge what he wants. If you don't want it don't buy it. :yah :yah

"silverblueBP" said:
Somehow I doubt that Isaac is "fake" in the eyes of all of those people whose houses have water up to their roofs!
Read it again. I wrote fake hurricane problems. Not fake hurricane. As Pete pointed out. :nut

Gas prices here jumped a quarter more than a day BEFORE the storm even reached hurricane status let alone reached any drilling rigs or landfall.

"67 evil eleanor" said:
Didn't our guberment pass a law making this illegal? Or is that BS. :shrug

One must call a hot line with a complaint against certain stations.....then the officials will look into it......and if they find issues, the business will be fined and I don't think anyone who bought gas at the inflated will see a refund. This all takes months from what I have read.

Here is the local complaint....no results posted...
http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/Flor ... 78985.html

"silverblueBP" said:
Another sarcastic remark falls flat :no
I admit I have paid zero attention to the affect this almost not hurricane had on the area. If I had, I would have caught the "water up to their roofs" bit.

Nonetheless (love using that word), sarcasm without wit will always miss the mark, Mark. Try harder.

Back