• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

45th show

monkeystash

I went to Birmingham today for the 45th anniversary show. Great show, tons of cars, and the weather was great, although I have a major farmers tan now. I saw Laurie's car, but couldn't find Sanborn and sons. Here's a few pics:

361714936.jpg

361713706.jpg

361713687.jpg

361713684.jpg

361713682.jpg

I am still on my way home. I'm posting with my black berry. I have photographic evidence that both cars were there. We met up for a few minutes and I met his lovely wife and his son.
I checked out the cars too. Very nice Dave!!!
I saw Andre's (spelling)vert too and spoke a few minutes with him. It was an awesome show! I did see Laurie's car too. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Still here in Birmingham, watching the thunderstorms and tornados go around the city. Hoping they go away soon.

Ryan,

We arrived in AL Friday evening and headed straight out to the bars. We didn't make it to the show until around 9AM on Saturday. Sorry to have missed you!

One of the few pictures I took at the show.... and definitely the only car I leaned on.... recognize it?

Picture012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"daveSanborn" said:
One of the few pictures I took at the show.... and definitely the only car I leaned on.... recognize it?

Picture012.jpg

I think the no brake lights give it away.... :guns

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fast68back" said:
I think the no brake lights give it away.... :guns
I actually got those fixed!
It was pretty cool to meet Dave in person and see his work. I love both of those Mustangs Dave! Did you have a good time? I really enjoyed it myself even though my wife was in pain she had a good time too (she fell just before the show).
Dave's Mustang at B-ham...
72_21_04_09_4_31_37.jpg

Did you have a good time?

Heck yeah! My only regrets are that we should have drove down on Thursday. There was just too much to see/do in only one day. We breezed through maybe 40% of the cars on display, there just wasn't enough time to see everything.

Tara was a real trooper and it was nice meeting both of you! What did you think of my son the hippie?

I really enjoyed talking with him. He seems to be pretty cool. I wish Tara had been feeling better so we could have met the night before and partied a little. I'll have to figure a way to hit a show out your way.

I know what you mean about the show, we did come Thursday and stayed thru Sunday until about 2:30 and I don't think we saw it all!

Same question came up on the other site...

The Shelby according to the owners hadn't seen day light in 28 yrs, they brought it out just for the show. Then were going to put it back after the show. Said they had bought it from the dealer that got it from Hertz after the rental program ended, drove it for awhile then put it in the garage.

I overheard part of his story on Sunday - his daily driver for several years, then his wife's daily for several more. She got tired of driving it and always having people want to buy it or race her, so they parked it in the barn. Said it got so much attention over the weekend he might have to get it restored.

Love the street sign used to "repair" the fiberglass hood.

Looks like the only thing they did was put in a new fuel pump and an oil change. Maybe add an MSD box or something, some scary looking wiring there

http://www.photographiti.com/cars/mca45th/_j8f1929.htm
Funny they didnt even wash the windows, just kinda wiped the dirt off.

Back