• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

64 Falcon Project

Re: 65 Falcon Project

I love the body lines of that Falcon coupe. :thu :thu :thu :thu
If he does the Falcon , he won't regret it . For sure !!
Let him read this topic , and remind him that we were young too !!!
Regarding long term perpectives , we ( old dudes ) knows what is best ( not better ) IMHO

"tarafied1" said:
yeah John's is cool! I like all those, thanks guys. I kinda like the old skool but I know he is into the Fox Body Stangs. I hope at least one of these will trigger something in him
That's cool. Be one of what...18 quadrillion fox guys or...

My older son had me scared for a while. I thought I had a closet ricer living in my house! Growing up the past decade or more the kids haven't had much opportunity to see classic rides like these just tooling around every day like we were lucky enough to do back in the day. The main reason I bought my 65 was to give him a chance to appreciate firsthand all there is to enjoy about a classic. I don't care who you are, there's nothing more satisfying than having people ooh and ahh about your ride when you stop for gas and such. Nothing against late models (I've had my share) but they don't come close to the same affect.

That Falcon with all its chrome trim and a shiny new coat of paint will draw some attention.

Sounds like a great deal to me.
all those pics make me want a falcon.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

poorfalcon.JPG

21_sport.jpg

1964_Ford_Falcon_Futura_Sprint_Coupe_Vintage_Race_La_Carrera_Panamericana_Car_For_Sale_Rear_1.jpg

mdmp_0807_01_z+1964_ford_falcon+sideview.jpg

mikes65_2.jpg

http://falconclub.0catch.com/mikes65.html - Link to more photos

mufp_0408_01_z+1965_ford_falcon+superfast_exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fab his own grill and do it up Thunderbolt style! the body lines and roof slope are similar. Really the options for an older car are endless for style and look compared to a fox and it will be sooo much lighter.
64-Ford-Fairlane-DV-10-GG_01.jpg

0605_14z1964_Ford_FairlaneThunderbolt_Intake_View.jpg

Jon

"tarafied1" said:
I like this one
mikes65_2.jpg

indeed that is sweet.. a little bit of glass work to make the r valence to work...

all depends on what route he wants to go with...but I will be sure to talk him into tomorrow when I am up there working on the drag car lol

"Jonk67" said:
Fab his own grill and do it up Thunderbolt style! the body lines and roof slope are similar. Really the options for an older car are endless for style and look compared to a fox and it will be sooo much lighter.
64-Ford-Fairlane-DV-10-GG_01.jpg

0605_14z1964_Ford_FairlaneThunderbolt_Intake_View.jpg

Jon

:thu Thunderbolt :thu

My dad drag raced a '65 Comet Caliente when I was a kid (not this one), he had the 427 motor out and the car and trailer were stolen from outside his gas station. I bet he bought a half dozen cars with plans of building another drag car, a couple FB mustangs, couple falcons and Maverick. Other than dragging the cars home, I think the closest he ever got was replacing a floorpan. My sister drove one of the falcons for years and loved it.

mufp_0802_cal_01_z+1965_mercury_comet_caliente+front_view.jpg

here's the 64 futura drag car i had about 20 yrs ago. wish i had it back now, as it wouldn't have taken much to put it back on the street. by the way, isn't that 64 side trim on the one you're looking at??

scan0004.jpg

That's great, kudos to your son's boss to present him with that opportunity!

Has he made a decision yet?

Nice looking Falcons.

And one great opportunity your son has there. Cheers to your kid, who obviously has impressed his boss - and his boss for providing an opportunity to a good kid.

I just don't think it's his idea of a cool car. We all see the potential but he doesn't like that body style. He actually likes the early Falcons better which I don't like as much. He understands the whole thing but he wants his first project to be something he will keep forever. I don't think he is gonna go for it. :shrug

well he has seen the light, we are going for the deal. The Falcon will become his project car. I spoke to the shop owner today after my son said he would go for it. He said I could pay for the car anytime during the two years and when he starts billing hours for my sons work, he let my son use some of that to fund things. He said the first 6 months or so it will be just materials like sandpaper, primer, etc.

We agreed to let my son do the rear bumper on my car (I had the original sandblasted and wanted the brackets welded and holes filled then painted body color). So my son is doing that today.

Back