• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'65 door window mechanism parts

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
Ok. I bagged and tagged these pieces years ago but I don't know and can find where they attach on the window mechanism. I have the shop manual with pics and I can find where the piece on the far left goes, any idea about where the other two might be attached? Thanks

Attachments

• Window parts.JPG
    Window parts.JPG
    341.2 KB · Views: 20
Thanks for the assist, Terry. I still had to fool around with which piece went where but before you intervened I couldnt see the pieces on the assembly drawings. They are there, just hard to see. Now I need to do some final adjusting. Now, any ideas on how to get the rear edge of each glass to lean in? I know the wind wing can be adjusted to lean in and out but will that affect the rear?

You have the rear track (bolts at the end of door) that guides the rear of the window.When fully up, however, it doesn't have as much influence as tweaking the wing as you noted. Been a long time since I messed with mine so can't really recall too much about how I got mine set-up. Sorry.

Here is a pic I found. Looks like I have to loosen all the bolts holding the rear track and then the bottom can be moved in or out to bring the glass in at the top.

Attachments

• door glass rear track.jpg
    door glass rear track.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 14
Back