• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

65 Fastback Hood Scoop

I agree with Terry. I had thoughts of putting the 69 scoop on my 65 but when I set it on the hood and stepped back, it didn't look right for the lines on the earlier cars. I ended up getting the Shelby bolt on scoop and modifying it. I thought it was too small, so we split it and widened it and opened the front up a bit. It will be painted the color of the stripe when we get to that point.

My thoughts exactly. What you've goin' is looking pretty sick.

65 Shelby Scoop

4jux78.jpg

Not sure what you budget is, but Ring Brothers has a great looking hood with a carbon fiber scoop integrated. It's a little larger than the standard GT350 scoop.

I've had 3-4 glass hoods before and this is by far the best. My paint shop guy told me he needed to do almost zero prep work to it.. So even though I spent more on the hood up front, I feel I made it up with not paying for paint prep.

I kept the carbon fiber exposed, but you could also just paint it.

20141126_152741.jpg

-Shannon

Not sure what you budget is, but Ring Brothers has a great looking hood with a carbon fiber scoop integrated. It's a little larger than the standard GT350 scoop.

I've had 3-4 glass hoods before and this is by far the best. My paint shop guy told me he needed to do almost zero prep work to it.. So even though I spent more on the hood up front, I feel I made it up with not paying for paint prep.

I kept the carbon fiber exposed, but you could also just paint it.

20141126_152741.jpg

-Shannon
That's pretty sweet. My biggest hold up is that I've currently got a nice steel hood and I'm afraid to part with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Shelby '65/'66 scoop is the size it is for a good reason. It fits the proportions of the car perfectly.

Later year scoops will not be in the correct proportion for your body style for all the reasons already given.

Z

When Ed goes to paint I am going to have Johnpro's hood painted as well as my nice stock steel hood.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

The Shelby '65/'66 scoop is the size it is for a good reason. It fits the proportions of the car perfectly.

Later year scoops will not be in the correct proportion for your body style for all the reasons already given.

Z
Totally agree. I once saw a 69 shaker on a 67. Looked horrible. As stated the proportions were off

Back