• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

65 Fastback project? Am I crazy?

tarafied1

some of you may recall or know that my buddy has a 65 Fastback (among other projects). I posted some time ago that I was trying to buy it from him. He started it when his wife died in a car wreck. I think it was good therapy.
Anyway, he is now taken over the 67 Coupe that I had bought from John for a drag car. He also bought my 68 Fastback that I sold to fund painting my red car. (see the latest Official StangFix Drag Car topic for pics).
Anyway, today he asked if I regretted getting rid of those two cars. The 68 was pretty bad but the 67 was solid. I only made a deal with him because I knew he would combine the two and make a cool car. But I was sad that I let both of them go.
The Falcon is a great project but I'm still a Mustang guy. You all may also know I bought a 65 Coupe for parts but found it was too nice to part out (for the Falcon anyway).
Today my buddy asked my if I wanted to buy his 65 Fastback project. I was surprised as I had tried in the past but he wouldn't sell because he wanted to see it thru to the end. Now he is obsessed with the 67/68 Fastback conversion and would apply the funds to making it an Eleanor.
Anyway, do you all think I'm crazy if I buy the 65 Fastback? It was basically a roof and pretty much everything else is all new sheetmetal. It's missing all the little stuff but he has the glass and most of the major parts. Pretty much what ever is missing I can take off of the 65 coupe.
72_29_10_09_9_51_18_1.jpg

72_23_10_09_2_44_33.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1 - I would be all over it like Kirsty Alley at a buffet.
2 - Why not?
3 - I have seen photos of your yard and there is shitloads of room for another car.
4 - Why not?
5 - Its not a coupe, but with a bit of work it might look alright.
6 - Why not?

I'm voting for crazy. You post twice a week about a new project. I think you need to pick one and stick to it. Nothing will ever get done if keep changing gears.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

"scedd" said:
1 - I would be all over it like Kirsty Alley at a buffet.
2 - Why not?
3 - I have seen photos of your yard and there is shitloads of room for another car.
4 - Why not?
5 - Its not a coupe, but with a bit of work it might look alright.
6 - Why not?
I like your logic!

"RyanG85" said:
I'm voting for crazy. You post twice a week about a new project. I think you need to pick one and stick to it. Nothing will ever get done if keep changing gears.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
it's not really about getting done, it's all about the tinkering! But you have a good point...

I am a man with too many projects not enough cash, but if i could get a good deal on a fastback i wouldn't care what anyone would have to say (im not married), id be ALL over it!!!!!

id do it....... :pbj

"S8NS 289" said:
I am a man with too many projects not enough cash, but if i could get a good deal on a fastback i wouldn't care what anyone would have to say (im not married), id be ALL over it!!!!!

id do it....... :pbj
I have too many also and not enough cash or time for that matter, especially now with the granddaughter living with us but he is willing to sell me the fastback for just what he has in it. He shot me a number of $5500

I could if he was just some schmuck but this car meant or means a lot to him because of what it got him thru. I knoe he doesn't want to get rid of it either because a lot of guys we work with didn't think he would ever make anything of it so it is kinda hard to walk away from it.

"tarafied1" said:
He shot me a number of $5500
From what i have seen online you are lucky to get a kick up the arse for 5 1/2 grand.
Just buy it and give it to Mother for Xmas.
She cant yell at you then (For that anyway)

There is no question what you should do. $5500 is a good price for sure. You can recover a good chunk of that cost in the sale of the coupe and Falcon. Don't think, act!

Yep, thought about it for about two minutes. I agree, go for it. If not, I think you will have regrets later.

Back