• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

65 Fastback refresh

I am pretty sore and having a hard time moving around. I am ok once I am standing up, however have problems just getting up.

Yeah I have a few pictures of the firebird, but not anything to recent. Here is a picture after i cleaned it up when I bought it. I paid a 1200 for the car which was a really good deal. It had a toasted clutch, which I ended up putting a centerforce dual friction clutch in. I drove the car about 5 miles and took the rear spoiler off to prime and paint and it turned into what you see.

P1015892.JPG

P1015893.JPG

P1015894.JPG

Here is what it looked liked a few months ago. I really haven't done much to it other then put the motor on a stand and strip the subframe and paint that and the a arms.
DSC00625.JPG

031.jpg

The plans for the car are to lower it and be putting 18x8's on the front and 18x9.5's on the rear. I am planning on doing a 383 stroker out of the 350 that was in the car, and replace the 4 speed with a t-56. The car will be painted prowler orange metallic, and receive a black interior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know.....I might swap you some better workbenches in exchange for the one those seats are on....lol

yeah I was running out of room in the garage to put stuff. As I pulled them out I laid them there briefly. They eventually all went inside the firebird since the shell is empty at the moment. I need more garage space. I'm planning on adding another 18' onto the garage here in the next year or two. I am far from a professional at this, but have been chipping away at stuff little by little to clean up what I can and learn along the way.

Well I haven't really been doing much of anything on the cars lately, as I am still recovering from my back surgery last month. I did however drop the car off at the exhaust shop last night. I am having 2 1/4" exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers put on it. I was originally going to do Flowmasters, but decided to change to Magnaflows at the last second as I don't want it to be overly loud while cruising. Well hopefully it sounds pretty good! Can't wait to go pick it up after work.

Back