• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

65 Galaxie 390/C6 Z-code

Fst Blk

I had a trade worked up on this, but I backed out. Just wasn't the right trade for me. Anyhow, I'm I'm listing this to help the guy out. He's got it listed for $4500 on Craiglist but will take 3k CASH.

1346117750.jpg

1346117741.jpg

1346117731.jpg

1346117714.jpg

Runs and drives, but has an intake leak and carb is leaking. He's keeping the carb and will throw a 650 on it.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang.....if I was.......oh well.......the back says I will hurt again.......but.....no......must not view again.....

I wanted it pretty bad while I was looking at it, but after thinking on it, it's not a fit for me. The wife wasn't on board for it, so I chose to let her win this round :skul

Bill

What condition is it in....body...interior....does it need restored or is it a good driver? I should not ask...

"AzPete" said:
What condition is it in....body...interior....does it need restored or is it a good driver? I should not ask...

Overall on a 1-10 scale, I give it a 6 body wise. It doesn't have any rust anywhere that I saw. Recent amatuer paint job and some metal replacement. I say amatuer because he buckled the qtr on the passenger side a little. Little hammer/dolly work would take care of it. Paint has some runs. It is definitely driver quality. I wouldn't be ashamed to cruise it. It's definitely a 20 footer. Interior has black indoor/outdoor carpet :puk and some late model Mustang buckets. He has the original front bench. B and M floor shifter. Trunk is super solid. With a little work, this could be a very nice car.

1346121860.jpg

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
"tarafied1" said:
I can see why you were tempted. That could be a fun cruizer

Just so everybody else is on the same page, I was considering trading him $1600-$1800 in engine parts and 800 bux boot. I just couldn't do it, because those engine parts would cost me 2500+ to replace so...

Bill

"Gigantopithecus" said:
Man. If I had the money and space. I've already got an all original 67 vert waiting to come home with me.

Now we are talkin!!! Love the 66/67's!!! Need some pics!

Re: Re: 65 Galaxie 390/C6 Z-code

"Fast68back" said:
Now we are talkin!!! Love the 66/67's!!! Need some pics!

I'll snag some next time we visit the in-laws. It's the car my wife drove back in college. Yellow, with a black top and black interior, still running the original 289 and auto trans. Poor thing needs some love.

I do love those. With four projects and the landscaping and cabinet work to do as well as painting...now if he wanted to come up with cash I might could trade my mustang....um, well....maybe.

Mel

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

My wife said NO, it is ugly! If it were a donor car to put a 390 in her mustang and make her car a fastback.

Mel

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Back