• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

66 Convertible shell value?

classicdoug

I have a customer that started to restore his 66 convertible and lost interest in it. The shell is on a home made rotisserie and I would say is decently rust free. The original floors look good. I don't know what shape the quarter panels are in. The doors have small lower corner rust holes but are fixable. It is a C code car. All of the parts are in boxes.

I haven't watched convertible prices lately. Can you give me a general idea of what it might be worth?

Title? For just the shell I'd go 3000 to 3500, but I'm cheap. Realistically, with all the parts in boxes, it's probably 5K ish.

I saw one in WA that they wanted 6K for sounds similar - C code - but the rust repairs were not complete. Really half A$$ed. I tried to buy it for 3800 and it sat there for something like 9 months. I have not seen it since.

Yes, it does have a title.

I'm waiting on a list, but supposedly the guy has already bought a lot of parts including a full interior. Maybe I'll be taking a road trip.

Back