• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

66 Fastback progress

"midpack" said:
ouch.... nope. could never knowingly stick it to anyone like that... I did sell the pumpkin for a reasonable price, quite a bit less than I paid for it as a matter of fact :roul

Just messing with you.

Yeah I wasn't too happy when I figured it out. I payed a fair price for it and I was able to learn a thing or two about rebuilding a center section. Good learning experience and its all rebuilt or new with an eaton truetrac. Spent more then I wanted to but that seems to come with the territory when you work on projects. Guess it worked out!

Well I haven't been up to much with the car due to school besides driving it.

Its not much but the other day I had it with the ugly windshield wipers. Figures with all the time I've owned the car I would of gotten to it sooner.
28akuab.jpg

29z80o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a 67 shelby style hood from M-train, sanded it down shot it with a rattle can and threw it
on the car. Really impressed with the fit and the gaps as it is right now. Waiting on light hood
springs and a hood pin set. Before I put the pins in, I want to shoot it again with my spray gun. Yes I'm keeping it flat black!

Excuse the phone pics.
29gmkjn.jpg

1dyfl1.jpg

I wasn't sure that I was going to like the looks of the later hood scoop on a 65/66 car, but after taking a look at yours I changed my mind. That looks awesome. The boy saw it and now wants a new hood for his fastback. Any idea on the manufacturer?

"kb3" said:
I wasn't sure that I was going to like the looks of the later hood scoop on a 65/66 car, but after taking a look at yours I changed my mind. That looks awesome. The boy saw it and now wants a new hood for his fastback. Any idea on the manufacturer?

There is actually an original GT350 with this style hood. Shelby made one or two of these hoods as prototypes for the 67 model year. I forget the shelby's serial number off hand but its been in Hot Rod magazine I believe.

The hood originally came from Mustangs Unlimited
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy01.asp?T1=XM305+01&Category=Body&subCategory=Hoods&SubSubCategory=Fiberglass%2FComposite&CatKey=EMUSTANG
But as to manufacture, I don't know. I was trying to figure that out too.

I'll get some better pictures up this weekend when I button it all up!

Hey, thats my hood..........lol.

Glad to finally see your build it looks fantastic!!!

It was a hard decision to sell that hood, but now I'm glad that I did as it was just sitting in the garage gathering dust, and now it will be used for something nice.

"M-train" said:
Hey, thats my hood..........lol.

Glad to finally see your build it looks fantastic!!!

It was a hard decision to sell that hood, but now I'm glad that I did as it was just sitting in the garage gathering dust, and now it will be used for something nice.

Thanks Mike! I think it looks awesome, pleasure doing business with you!

zjxrnl.jpg

Here is my progress from this weekend. Really happy with it. It aint a show car but thats fine with me. Drilling hood pin holes in your new fiberglass hood is nerve-racking if you ask me.
This is the best I can do for pictures right now. It rained all day today.

Parts! Early Christmas.
2yydttz.jpg

Big thank you to mmw68, sweet deal on this wheel and it looks and feels great. I would like to get a cobra medallion to replace the Lecarra one.
2ce451c.jpg

Back