• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 3 groove pulleys for 289 w/ AC & PS

1965GTFB

Need part numbers for 3 groove pulleys for a 67 mustang with factory AC, and PS. Only twist is car is a 67 but we are using a 65 289 block if that make a difference. PS is TCP but I don't think that will make a difference either. I have a 3 groove crank and 3 water pump but they interfere with each other.
So need is for:
-Pulley part numbers.
-Source for pulleys since one or both of mine may be incorrect.

Thanks

I picked up a 3 groove AC Crank pulley for my '67 a few years ago from a member on one of the forums. I can't answer if it will be the same for '65-'67 though. I think this one had the C5AE markings. If it helps any it is 3 3/4" tall, 7 1/8" across the AC pulley.
I found the chart I was looking for, looks like all 3 pulley AC crank should be the same size, part #'s:
C5AE-B; C5AE-6312-B; C5AZ-6312-D
CHART: http://www.mustangtek.com/pulley/Pulley.html
As far as source, if you can't find an original, NPD and others may have repop or Glaziers Mustang Barn
Jon

289ACcrankpulley375.jpg
289ACCrankpulleyface.jpg

289ACcrankpulley725.jpg

I'll look around. I think I might have an extra around here somewhere.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I picked up a 3 groove AC Crank pulley for my '67 a few years ago from a member on one of the forums. I can't answer if it will be the same for '65-'67 though. I think this one had the C5AE markings. If it helps any it is 3 3/4" tall, 7 1/8" across the AC pulley.
I found the chart I was looking for, looks like all 3 pulley AC crank should be the same size, part #'s:
C5AE-B; C5AE-6312-B; C5AZ-6312-D
CHART: http://www.mustangtek.com/pulley/Pulley.html
As far as source, if you can't find an original, NPD and others may have repop or Glaziers Mustang Barn
Jon

289ACcrankpulley375.jpg
289ACCrankpulleyface.jpg

289ACcrankpulley725.jpg
Thanks for the pics and measurements. I think I found the crank pulley, will compare measurements to yours.
Still need to find a water pump pulley. It would be a 2 Groove water pump C5AE 8509 A

Sorry, I got lost in the description and didn't see it was the WP pulley for an AC car you were trying to locate. I think my WP pulley is only a 2 groove? I'll have to look at it now that you point out it may be different for AC.
Jon

I have a box of extra pulleys. I have a 3 crank and 2 wp that should work. Why would u need a 3 wp? I am running alt, wp, compressor and ps off a 2 n 2

Back