• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67-70 Fold down parts

sigtauenus

I have an attic full of 67-70 fold down seat pieces, was really into restoring them a couple years ago and with a trip overseas and other projects since I returned I haven't really had much time for it. I have some stuff already restored and ready to go, and other parts still needing cleaned up and assembled. Have seat pieces, trap doors, carpet, chrome, misc brackets and clips, etc. If interested, shoot me an email.

sam@folddownseat.com

http://www.folddownseat.com/

I've got a 67 setup that's missing a few parts.
Do you have a prop handle?
The oval-shaped seat supports?

yeah, I have both the oval supports new and used (i think, I usually just throw used ones away). New ones are like $13 and the chrome plated Scott Drake repos are pretty decent. There are also stainless ones out now. The prop handle is a maybe. Pretty sure I have an original, not sure if I have a repro or not.

Factory fold down or conversion? If conversion, do you have the bracket that the prop handle engages?

"sigtauenus" said:
Factory fold down or conversion? If conversion, do you have the bracket that the prop handle engages?

Sorry, got sidetracked.
It's a factory fold down car.
I'll have to check on the bracket.
Thanks

Sam,
I am nearly sure i need some parts. I have sent you an email.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Johnny

"sigtauenus" said:

Is this the bracket?
DSC05297.jpg

Yes, that is the bracket that is in a factory fold down car.

Very few conversions that I have seen do people take the time to cut out that bracket and reweld it in the trunk.

Sorry I've been a slacker. I don't have heat in my shop, its freakin cold here during the day let alone after dark when I get home. I'm out of town this weekend, will try to get some pics of what I have up in the next week or two. I'm not in a hurry, if any of you are, let me know and I'll throw an extra jacket on and pull everything out. Its not going anywhere anytime soon otherwise.

Pretty sure I do. I'll pull some bags of parts out and snap some pictures. Need to do this anyhow for some other questions I've had. May have to heat the shop sooner rather than later.

"ClassicRecreations" said:
I need the hinges that bolt to the car and the fold down. Got any?

I just looked and found a couple, but they all go with seat sets. I thought I had some extra, so will keep looking.

BTW, if these are the the ones you are looking for (which I assumed), I'm sure you know that they are the same for the fixed seat and the fold down seat. Are you doing a conversion or working on a car that had everything tossed at some point?

100_3667.jpg

"CO-Runner" said:
Would you happen to have the chrome end pieces for the sides of each section and the long hinge piece?

I have a ton of used chrome in various conditions, almost all of it tends to be not that good though for being presentable. Most is good cores for replating. I hang onto the original stuff on the off chance that at some point in the future it becomes economically feasible to replate it or I ever get a car worth the expense of replating original pieces.

I also have some repro stuff, but its the same that you can get at any of the vendors.

"sigtauenus" said:
I just looked and found a couple, but they all go with seat sets. I thought I had some extra, so will keep looking.

BTW, if these are the the ones you are looking for (which I assumed), I'm sure you know that they are the same for the fixed seat and the fold down seat. Are you doing a conversion or working on a car that had everything tossed at some point?

100_3667.jpg

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I know they work for both. I need as many as I can find. We have about 14 cars these are missing. PM me if you have nay of these,

Middle panel for the fold down seat, same panel used for stationary seat. Red one has rust on the left side as shown. Black one is solid. Make offer.
427_12_02_10_5_00_26_0.jpg

Complete set out of a 69. Was going to restore it and never got to it. If you are looking for a set you know what they go for. Make offer.
427_12_02_10_5_00_26_1.jpg

Dynacorn 67-68 trap door. I have the extra trim piece for the top, not pictured but can get it. Also have the attaching hardware for same. $200
427_12_02_10_5_00_26_2.jpg

427_12_02_10_5_00_27_3.jpg

Dynacorn 60-70 trap door. Back is dusty from sitting. $200
427_12_02_10_5_00_27_4.jpg

427_12_02_10_5_02_26_0.jpg

Plastic ABS. Not near as nice as the metal Dynacorn one, but great if you want to cut it up for speakers or if you want a cheap trap door. Started painting it charcoal and never finished. $100
427_12_02_10_5_02_27_1.jpg

427_12_02_10_5_02_27_2.jpg

Original 68-70 style side trim with recessed area for latch catch. Replated at $110 each, $220 total invested. Better contour and obviously better chrome than the repro. Probably only for a very high end car. Cash talks.
427_12_02_10_5_02_27_3.jpg

Crap load of shims. Bottom piles are CNC cut reproductions I had made. Ones on right that look bare are just that, ones on left were coated with phosphate and oil, ones on top are original. $5 pair, price neg. based on how many you want.
427_12_02_10_5_03_45_4.jpg

Rubber bumers that go under rear most fold down panel where it rubs against transition pan. $2 each or neg based on how many you want. I had a ton made. 2 out on their own are originals and not for sale.
427_12_02_10_5_04_02_0.jpg

Seat hinges. One that is bent is stuck and I haven't broke it loose yet. Make offer.
427_12_02_10_5_02_27_4.jpg

I have more stuff and the camera died on me and I have even more stuff I haven't found yet.

Back