• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 Coupe EFI - need new gas tank

gotstang

"kyle67" said:
http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ ... /prd84.htm

anyone have experience with this or any other in tank pump? I am considering this as opposed to the externally mounted F150 pump I own.

I'm sure Phil's write up on that pump is floating around on fordmuscle, but it's not that simple, putting it into a stock tank. It has to drop in to the top, and it needs a flat surface to seal against, and our tanks ain't flat, lot of work with a BFH needed there. Then, it probably needs one of the larger tanks for clearance.

I've toyed with the idea of putting a bracket with a baffle inside a new tank, fishing an in-tank pump thru the stock hole and connecting it to the sending unit with rubber lines.

That's 99% armchair general work though, so I have *no* idea how well that would work. It's sorta-kinda been done before, but the pickup tube has me puzzled...I'm not 100% sure how to pull THAT off successfully.

Then again, I had another brainwave while writing this post, hmm...gonna have to kick it around some more. :D