• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 Coupe - rear blind

Aussie67

Anyone got a rear blind in their car? Is there a particular brand that's favoured?

I need something to save the top of the back seat from the Aussie sun

Yes. They go inside and are held in place by a metal tab which slides in under the windscreen seal/ rubber

I haven't seen them for a long time.
Had they not been cut to fit the seize of the rear window when purchasing them in those days ??

Would outside louvers not be more effective...in Australia and other very warm countries ?

I think its not hard to make one on your own. The " outside" once.
If you want I can take some close up pics from it. Mock up one from cardboard first.
And transfer each cardboard slat to a aluminium sheet. Some alu rivets makes it more aggressive and paint it that red of your car ???

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

To me its better to block the sun/heat on the outside , once inside the heat will circulate , only the UVB rays are blocked. IIRC.

Tell me about it. We live with constant 40 degree Celsius during summer. But have air con in the car.

In Oz anything outside the car will get stolen.

We had here a good summer. No excessive temps. A few days we had 32°C but was it. Autum has a bad start. Alot of rain.

Back