• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 Coupe

Baraz

Here's a few pictures of my 67 coupe, originally coming from Iowa, was in decent conditions... I drove it for a few months and the begun restoration...the car was completely stripped down, sand blasted and primed... luckily on minor intervention were required on the floor pans and the rear wheel wells..Only the trunk lid and a fender required replacing..
DSC00253.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

Stripped down
DSC00467.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

Sandblasted
IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Primed
40.jpg

29.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally painted, I decided to keep the Brittany blue poly she was painted in although the original color was acapulco blue...
76.jpg

73.jpg

69.jpg

69.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

The whole undercarriage was coated in semi gloss epoxy paint, guaranteed to last forever :D
c5944a04.jpg

81f732bf.jpg

9a5cabd3.jpg

3f679ef6.jpg

The engine was torn down and rebuilt completely, I decided to go for a 306 stroker kit, overebored to a conservative +0,030", XE256H comp cams camshaft, edelbrock air gap intake and carburetor, new shorty headers and flowmaster complete exhaust and, of course pertronix coil and ignitor kit.. I decided to opt for a stock look..

Immag0135.jpg

Immag0138.jpg

I have now begun all the interior work, windows, regulators, water shields, carpet, door panels, dashboard, dash pad.....
IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

A few more things to do: finish with the headliner, windshield and rear glass and then moldings and emblems and I should be ready to hit the road!!

Good job!

What's the story on the red Mustang in the background?

Very professional work.
That ain't the first time you restore a car !!
Beautiful car and nice work.
:thu :thu :thu :thu

"Midlife" said:
Good job!

What's the story on the red Mustang in the background?

The red 67 convertible in the background belongs to one of my customers and is the living proof that you should NEVER buy a "restored car" from someone you don't know... long story short, it was purchased on eBay from a seller in MA, over 100 100% feed backs, he claimed the car had been restored, new paint, rebuilt engine, new interiors, "a few touches needed", seemed like a good deal, well, when we got the car here it turned out it had more fiberglass than metal...had to strip it down, replace complete floor pans, redo part of the wiring, including convertible top motor... now I'm replacing the top and it should be out of the way soon, I should start with another 68...

It has been quite some time since my last posting, I though I may update the story of my 67 :D

Rear glass is on
9907352b.jpg

So is the windshield
317d9c92.jpg

Very clean and stock interior
816d9b61.jpg

903aedd1.jpg

First road test
165796_10150950593551987_568413102_n.jpg

Finally!!
Polished and new stripes
265419_513888931961973_637384825_o.jpg

The first drive was great fun, after 4 years... A few things to fix, but nothing major... I had the impression the converter couldn't keep up with the engine torque, evenin second gear you can easily chirp tires and lose traction.. Lower and stiffer front springs and 5-leaf rear spring improved the handling a lot, the car is very reactive and the steering feeling is good..

Back