• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 Deluxe Door Panel best manufacturer

gtscode

Who makes the best quality 67 deluxe door panel. I see TMI, Dashes Direct and Mustang Market.

My dashes direct panels separated at the edges before I ever got them installed. To be fair they sat for 4 years in my garage.

Any recommendations?

GTchris

I have not installed mine yet. They are still sitting in the box in the garage.

I bought mine from a local Mustang parts dealer that does installs and restoration work. He seems to have a good handle on what parts are better as they do installs them selves.

The box is blank, it does not say who actually manufactured them but, the shipping label says the parts came from Scott Drake.

GTchris

The guy I bought mine from is a TMI reseller and the box does not say TMI.

All the seat covers I got through them were TMI

gtscode

I bought them locally and have spent at least $4,000 with this guy, however I am not upset they did sit around for many years.

It does however look like dashes direct is going to do a warranty exchange we just shipped these off to them.

Well see what happens!!

gtscode

Burton doesn't just sell the door panel they want to sell the insert and outside trim. If I didn't have those already I would consider them.

gtscode

So Kudos to Dashes Direct they swapped out my door panels for a new set. Should have them in a few days.

The customer service has been awesome and certainly appreciated.

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
:thu :thu

That little bit of customer service will do them well. Sounds like they are good people to do business with.

gtscode

uhagunav.jpg

Much better!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken King

gtscode:
Did your Dashes Direct door panels come with the chrome trim (not the panel insert) installed or did you do it?
I'm trying to use my original chrome trim but the new Dashes Direct panel is substantially thicker than the original panels. Right now I'm sanding down the edges so the chrome trim will hopefully fit. Did you have any trouble when you actually installed the panels on the door skin?

RagTop

Old Grumpy
Wow! I've always used TMI stuff on my interior upholstered parts, but I will have to consider Dashes Direct when I change out the door cards the next time around. Way to go Dashes Direct!