• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 fastback decklid M U S T A N G lettering

gtscode

On a 67 fastback decklid what is the spacing of the M U S T A N G lettering?

I guess two measurements - how high are the letters from the bottom edge of the decklid and how far apart are the letters?

Thanks

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
I'll give you the data tonight when I get home if you don't have it by then.

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Justin,
I believe 67 and 68 is the same. I'm getting 5.5" center to center spacing.

Vertical dimension from bottom lip of the deck lid is 3/4 - 13/16" to the front bottom edge of each letter, not the back bottom edge which is against the paint. You'll understand why I'm saying this once you look at the letters.

gtscode

"cmayna" said:
Justin,
I believe 67 and 68 is the same. I'm getting 5.5" center to center spacing.

Vertical dimension from bottom lip of the deck lid is 3/4 - 13/16" to the front bottom edge of each letter, not the back bottom edge which is against the paint. You'll understand why I'm saying this once you look at the letters.

Thanks Craig!

DEL65

Of The Morons
Are you using the original or repo letters? If repo be careful. The pins may not line up correctly.

I had this problem when attaching the GT lettering to my fenders. I used a template and drilled all the holes prior to installation. I used repo letters and had to modify some of the holes. This turned an easy job into a PIA. You can't notice it on my car too much because the letters are low against dark paint. IIRC SACBill had the same problem with his trunk lid letters.

Midlife once suggested removing the pins and gluing the letters to body panels. Not a bad idea.