• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 fastback oem sheetmetal and steering parts

1967marti

I'm looking to get rid of the manual steering setup out of my 67 fastback as well as the sheet metal I'm about to cut off. The sheet metal will be both rear qtr panels, both complete wheel wells, trunk extensions, taillight panel, etc... These are all in pretty good condition but I'm going to cut them off in the next month or so so if want me to cut you out a certain piece I'll make sure to try and do an extra careful job of it.
Everything painted yellow in the picture is up for grabs, the steering box is a flaming river piece that i had connected to one of their aftermarket steering columns. All of the steering parts are brand new and have MAYBE 100 miles on them, they were installed, drove around for about a month and then the car went into storage.

I'm in El Cajon, CA so if you are close we can meet in person to trade/sell.

I'd like to trade for 67 parts like a new(ish) dash-pad, wood steering wheel, victor (jr.) intake for a 351W, etc...

How does the manual steering compare to the stock unit? I have a stock setup on the 67 and it is the early harpoon-a-matic unit.

Would be easy for us since my Mom lives in Point Loma and is coming to visit in a few weeks....shipping would be free.

I am just not sure it I want to spend money on another manual setup for my wife's Mustang. She likes my power in the 65. I had heard that the FR unit responds differently than the stock unit. I was kind of hoping it is an easier turn.

Price would be good too.

Thanks,

Mel

Your cutting off good qtrs? What is your plans? I'm interested in some pics of the qtrs.

Bill

for me the FR box feels like a powersetup, its a little tougher when the car is not moving but overall its is much better than th stock box.

The panels are in good shape but werre welded on horrible and it would be better for me to cut and replace than to try to untangle them.

ill add some pics tommorow of the side panels, or shoot me message with your mail and illl send ou a bunch

As promised here are some pics of the drivers side Qtr. panel and the tail-light panel. i did my best to cut it out as perfect as possible but i had to cut along the bend where the panel meets the rocker-panel. Also as you can see in the pics the lip has peen rolled but it looks like it can easily be bent back into shape.
Also any of the trunk drop-off "chunks" or wheel-well "chunks" are up for grabs too. I hope to have the other panel off sometime tomorrow afternoon. The Qtr. panel was replaced in the 80's so should be a cut off OEM piece. The tail-light panel is dynacorn though.

Back