• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 Floor Console w/AC

scodemike

Anyone have a picture, out of the car, of a 1967 Mustang floor console where the car has A/C? I am trying to determine if the console I have is correct or need to do something different. I don't believe there is any difference between automatic and manual, other than the top plate. You can email me or post here; scode@mustangsbymike.com Thanks, Mike

I didn't know there was a difference on the AC vs. non-AC console. I have a manual and automatic console(s) and they do have the cut-out for the shifter different on a manual but as far as I know the part by the dash/radio is all the same...

it would be news to me if the console was different between A/C and non A/c cars.

The top vent is not in the console

The 67-8 A/C console is shorter at the front due to the larger ducting for the A/C system.

Mike: The line for cutting is usually about an inch past the back of the console compartment end piece.

Thanks to everyone's response. The reason I asked the question is, as caspian65 stated, I recall that they were shorter under the dash because of the A/C duct. I would still like to see a picture if anyone can help.

"scodemike" said:
Thanks that really helps and confirms my impression of how it was done. I assume it is the same on both sides. I read somewhere that Ford did a very crude cut of the console at that point to make the fit.

I don't think it was a crude cut at all, maybe if A/C was added later or something. The red one in that car is the original and the car did have factory A/C (although it was upgraded to the perfect fit CAA kit.) If I remember right, there is a line that shows where to cut if you have the non A/C version.

Sorry to get off-topic here a bit, but does anybody know if changing from an automatic to a manual top plate is any big deal? Is it simply removing/replacing?
Anybody got a pic of a manual trans console?
Thanks

I will snap some pics of both, the auto console will have to be cut on because the manual hole is off-set more. It's not a big deal as the top plate will cover your cuts.

"tarafied1" said:
I will snap some pics of both, the auto console will have to be cut on because the manual hole is off-set more. It's not a big deal as the top plate will cover your cuts.

Awesome!
Thanks!

In a related note....my 6 speed arrived today!!!! :pbj

cool, 6speed! 3 more than I have.

Here is a pic of a auto and manual console. The black one is for a manual and the red one for an auto. You can see the notch or cut-out for the manual.
72_05_01_10_12_19_42_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sure!

back to the OP, mine must be non-AC as they are long? ZI don't see a line either, where should it be?
72_05_01_10_1_21_37.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back