• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 hood measurements

blu67

Stupid question, I know.....but I don't have my car handy to measure the width and length of a standard hood on a '67. Looking at picking up an original to replace mine locally tomorrow and have to see if it will fit in my car......o_O
Could someone with a 67-68 measure their hood for me, please?

Thanks!

Stupid question, I know.....but I don't have my car handy to measure the width and length of a standard hood on a '67. Looking at picking up an original to replace mine locally tomorrow and have to see if it will fit in my car......o_O
Could someone with a 67-68 measure their hood for me, please?

Thanks!
can you be more specific? The width tapers narrower towards the front and both the front and rear have a V shape. Where do you need the measurements to be taken? I have a turn signal hood i can measure. (it's original but rusty so you won't want it)

Not sure I understand the question.

You want the measurements of a stock 67 hood to see if it will fit on your car?

Yes, unless you don't have a 67 or 68 Mustang or you are using the longer Shelby style nose.

I can measure for you but also would help to know exactly what you wanted measured.

EDIT: Just measured 48" wide at the cowl and 44-45ish at the headlights, 54" long in the center.

Not sure I understand the question.

You want the measurements of a stock 67 hood to see if it will fit on your car?

Yes, unless you don't have a 67 or 68 Mustang or you are using the longer Shelby style nose.

I can measure for you but also would help to know exactly what you wanted measured
his car was wrecked hard. He might be looking for dimensions to check if it's all back together correctly

his car was wrecked hard. He might be looking for dimensions to check if it's all back together correctly

Ah, it clicks now, my bad. I posted some measurements above. Little hard to measure precisely by myself due to size and the bulges in the middle.

Sorry, guys. I wasn’t very specific. I was looking for the longest point if I were to fit it into a square. Rear corners width, front center tip to rear. Basically the widest points. I think most of the measurements from Brett will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds more like he's trying to figure out if it will fit in whatever he is driving so he can bring it home

Sounds more like he's trying to figure out if it will fit in whatever he is driving so he can bring it home

That’s it!......I guess I suck at getting my point across.....lol

Looks like I’ll have to borrow a truck somewhere. I just don’t have the room in my cars.

That’s it!......I guess I suck at getting my point across.....lol

Looks like I’ll have to borrow a truck somewhere. I just don’t have the room in my cars.

what about buying a ski rack and packaging the hood in bubble wrap and cardboard and mounting it on the roof?

I managed to just rent a pick up truck. Scored a nice turn signal hood, two fenders and misc other 66-67 parts for a steal! Keeping the hood and fenders but will be putting up the rest for sale soon. He just wanted it all gone out of his garage.

Back