• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'67 Hot Rod 427ci FE "Christina"

HISTORY: New to the site, seems like a can spend hours admiring people's builds!!! It has been almost three years on the car, planning to be finished by spring. Got the car on eBay from Oshkosh, Wisconsin. It was an Arizona car however so the frame rails and most of the metal was cherry. Replaced the lower Q-panels, floor pans, trunk drop offs. T-code :roul was going to build a 351C for it, but got VERY carried away. or as my dad calls it, "caught the bug." I am proud to say we have done EVERYTHING ourselves. literally. it has been rewarding, but is often overwhelming..... I did all the body work myself with no experience at all, however the long foam sanding pads helped a lot. Got the car straight, was going to paint it yellow, but since it was so straight we went with black. My dad painted it in his shop (it was the first car he's ever painted :roll )

ENGINE: 427 center oiler. Was bored and decked and honed. Has some whimpy heads right now (390GT heads, ported). However I am a college student so money is not necessarily rolling in right now! I am now on Xmas break between semesters and plan to put the engine back together. Still need to balance the crank rods and pistons and aluminum flywheel... then its build time!! have roller rockers, pete jackson gear drive, 750 demon carb. planning on getting a bluethunder intake or edelbrock rpm intake

CAR: Ford 9 inch, 31 spline axles, GT/California Special deck lid (new), boss hoodscoop, GT dash, scattershield, toploader 4 speed (!), Shelby traction bars, paint is raven black.

PLANS: Have the motor running and dyno'd before xmas break is over, finish wetsanding and buffing the fenders and new decklid, buy driveshaft and see how long it takes before i wrap it around a tree. I know its prolly not the high dollar builds like some threads, but i am even taking money out of my financial aid money from school to build it! (don't tell the parents :thu )

very cool project, love the engine plans. The wood is kinda neet, I like it! Did you make them? I wouldn't mind doing that in mine. I have the same console I think. I made a wood center for my stock steering wheel. I like your masking paper too. Black is brave but it looks good in th pics. I wanted to paint mine black (with red interior) but everyone talked me out of it.

Thanks, i made the wood in the console (skills picked up in high school woods class came in handy!) but the door handles came with the car when i bought it. i just sanded them up and put some clear varnish on them. I'm thinking about switching the console back to silver and the handles to the black foam....

yes black is pretty daring, the car is definitely straight enough. but i have heard its a b word to keep clean (dust!)

"highriserjack" said:
Thanks, i made the wood in the console (skills picked up in high school woods class came in handy!) but the door handles came with the car when i bought it. i just sanded them up and put some clear varnish on them. I'm thinking about switching the console back to silver and the handles to the black foam....

yes black is pretty daring, the car is definitely straight enough. but i have heard its a b word to keep clean (dust!)
I have a black F150 and it is a PIA. It get's dirty just sitting still!
I like the wood stuff but you have good taste so I'm sure it will be cool!

some before and after pictures of the block. two more weeks and i'll get the crank, rod and pistons and flywheel from the shop (being zero balanced) then its build time :thu

Are those screw-in freeze plugs? I painted my engine and engine bay medium bright blue metallic, same as my 70 Mach 1 body color.

Now that is different - so you threaded the freeze plug holes or turned them down to size and drove them in? I bought brass plugs for mine.

also see you have a black and tan..my boss is into coon hunting, great to see wisconsin mustanger's, and i like the woodgrain..im in northern wisconsin, taylor county if you need parts/help or want to sell a 427 :confu

Got a lot of work done this weekend, finally got the fiberglass deck lid straight and painted along with the Q panel extensions. While i did this, my dad worked on making a nitrous holding brace for the trunk. I also attached a picture that i plan on my trunk looking like with the 2 NOS bottles. Brackets are done, time to bolt on the nitrous this weekend. I have a lot of wetsending to do. then after that more sanding on the clearcoat.... did i mention i have a lot of sanding to do? :rant switched up the dash emblem from the block lettering 427 to the galaxie/fairlane 427 eagle

Attachments

• 03-06-11_1143.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 03-06-11_1142.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 160_0409_04z+Audi_B6_A4_18t_Quattro+Interior_Trunk_Nitrous_Bottles_Amplifier_Detail.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 22
"highriserjack" said:
Got a lot of work done this weekend, finally got the fiberglass deck lid straight and painted along with the Q panel extensions. While i did this, my dad worked on making a nitrous holding brace for the trunk. I also attached a picture that i plan on my trunk looking like with the 2 NOS bottles. Brackets are done, time to bolt on the nitrous this weekend. I have a lot of wetsending to do. then after that more sanding on the clearcoat.... did i mention i have a lot of sanding to do? :rant switched up the dash emblem from the block lettering 427 to the galaxie/fairlane 427 eagle
Those 2 bottles are sexy! NICE JOB!

LOL,I hear ya, i thought i was done with my trunk and end caps 6-7 days ago i have been sanding them every day the next couple days i will be done for sure...hopefully :roul i like the galaxie eagle too :thu

yeah the fiberglass end caps didn't fit worth a darn.... had to use some bondo w/ fiberglass pieces in it (tiger cloth or whatever) to make them fit. took a long time... wetsanding should be a better than making those virtually home-made end caps!

Back