• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 mustang parts

anyone know where a good place to get a new or used headlight switch

• new

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • used

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I wouldn't waste your time or $ on a used one, they can be a pain to change so you don't want to have to do it twice with an unknown good/bad used one. New ones can be gotten at most local parts stores. I ordered mine at O'Reilly's, wanted BorgWarner (Standard) BWD so I looked up the part # and they had it in next day, no charge for delivery to the store.

BWD S404 •With Extension Bracket $42
BWD S422 •Without Extension Bracket $21
or
Motorcraft SW441 •With Bracket $50

You can get them from mustang suppliers to but won't know who/where made and you'll have to pay shipping for one switch.
Jon

definitely new, they have a built in circuit breaker that can be weak on a used one. I'd go with a 69 headlight switch as I'm told they had the best circuit breaker built-in (but I don't know that for a fact).

IIRC, the '69-70 switches have a different extension on them for the dash that slopes towards the firewall.

The O'Reilly or Napa part will do you fine. At the end of the day, they're both (BWD and Echlin) made by Standard Motor Products.

Back