• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 paint question???

34isgreat

Restoring my 67 coupe, can the headlight buckets be installed when the finders are on the car? looks like the bolts are hard to reach with the finders on the car.

I removed my headlight buckets with the fender on the car, yes the forward splash sheilds need to come out. It then takes a Looong extension to reach the top hood side corner nut. Make sure you're fully engaged on the nut so you don't strip any. I blasted water in there first as dirt will keep the socket from seating. I think I used my 1/4" set of sockets to have more room. You can get your hand in there to find the location of the nut but hard to do with the socket at the same time. I can post a pic of the inside of the bucket when I get home in a couple hours so you can see what your looking for and how many total. I think it'll be easier on the car so the fenders not rolling or shifting while you're trying to unscrew.
Jon

Thanks guys, I have my finders off now and the headlight buckets are removed. I think my paint will turn out better if I paint the car with the headlight buckets off and install them after. I took the finders off then removed the headlight buckets, that was easy but I can see that installing them after the finders are installed will be tough. Any suggestions are very helpful. :thu

Having a helping hand when installing the fenders and headlight buckets is a real help. One holds gently in place while the other gets the hardware strated.

Back